SANS registration question

636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
Signing up for my latest SANS class/test and the page has a few interesting questions. Always filled them out before, but this is the first time I wondered if anybody ever got turned down based on their answers? Know anybody?

NOTICE: This section is only required if you have selected a GIAC certification.
Your participation in the GIAC certification program is subject to approval. Approval may take up to 48 hours and no access will be granted before this application is approved.

Please summarize your security-related experience, training completed, or certifications earned. *

Please describe your study methods and the materials you will bring to the testing center for your certification exam. *

Comments

• docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I don't recall seeing the second question before, but the first has been there for years. I think these questions are presented as sort of a survey to gauge student backgrounds. Just a guess though.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I remember seeing both of them, thought the second one was a little weird. Can't imagine they are going to turn anyone down who is about to shell out a lot of money to them though.
  • quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've seen both questions and wondered why I needed to answer them as well.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I assume it's more important for those who are challenging the exam not those taking the official SANS training. With that being said they ask them for the certification registrations I have seen so no biggie...the exams are open book anyways and from what I've read the exams are built on the official books.
  • gwood113gwood113 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think the questions are for demographic purposes. I simply threw one word answers in there and clicked on through last time i took one.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Please summarize your security-related experience, training completed, or certifications earned. *

I invented the internet.
    Please describe your study methods and the materials you will bring to the testing center for your certification exam. *

I'm going to sit next to someone smarter than me.

The only problem with this strategy, pretty much everyone smarter than me.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.