The *new* CCNP

mzinzmzinz Member Posts: 328
I think I read on the cisco site that the current CCNP test is due to expire soon, to be updated with a new version.

I want to start studying for the new version of the CCNP as soon as possible. Are books for the new version on sale yet?
_______LAB________
2x 2950
2x 3550
2x 2650XM
2x 3640
1x 2801

Comments

• romainromain Member Posts: 222
    New Cisco Press books will be released in first months of 2007.

You should wait a bit and engage the new year with this new big challenge ! icon_wink.gif
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    You could get a good start on BSCI (and the CCIE R&S) with Routing TCP/IP vol I & II. You will probably have to augment them when the new books come out, and check for IOS changes, but you can't go wrong with these.

Peter
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
    I agree about Routing TCP/IP vol I, with the little I've read already - it seems to be a great book.

I do have a question about the new CCNP exams, I haven't really looked into the current exams that much, but I did see that ISDN was covered by the Remote Access exam (can't remember that exam's exact name)

But when I looked at the blueprint for the exam that will be replacing it, I didn't see ISDN on this list.

Does anyone know if ISDN will be covered in the new CCNP exams?
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    According to their respective publishers, most types of training material won't be available until sometime around March or April of 2007. Cisco Press is planning on releasing their new books around this time, CBT Nuggets is going to do their new courses around this time. The only thing you'll really be able to study before then is the Cisco Networking Academy material, which is already up to date.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    CBT just released the ONT videos.
    Now working full time!
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    That's very cool. Last time I'd checked, they said the training wasn't going to be out until late spring. Thanks for the updates.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.