Options

Passed P+ today - easier than I thought

TR4V1STYTR4V1STY Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
I got an 851/900

There's a lot of study material online for the PMP cert which helped, but I was over-prepared.

I agree with what other members of this forum have said. Learn terminology, basic EVM, and the standard project process groups.

Glad to be done with this. This test was harder, for me, than the A+, N+ or S+

Comments

• Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow! Really nice! Congrats on your pass!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats great score!
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    KalabasterKalabaster Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you had to condense it down to the most useful specific resources you think would be most efficient to use for this cert, what would they be?

I have the formulas down but I'm juggling a few other things so anything that can focus me on the best stuff would be awesome!
    Certifications: A+, Net+, Sec+, Project+, Linux+/LPIC-1/SUSE CLA, C|EH, eWPT, GMON, GWAPT, GCIH, eCPPT, GPEN, GXPN, OSCP, CISSP.
    WGU, BS-IT, Security: C178, C255, C100, C132, C164, C173, C172, C480, C455, ORA1, C182, C168, C394, C393, C451, C698, C697, C176, C456, C483, C170, C175, C169, C299, C246, C247, C376, C179, C278, C459, C463, C435, C436.
    Legend: Completed, In-Progress, Next
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    mandy7777mandy7777 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats ~~!!
    When life gives you lemons, make lemonade:thumbup:
  • Options
    TR4V1STYTR4V1STY Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kalabaster wrote: »
    If you had to condense it down to the most useful specific resources you think would be most efficient to use for this cert, what would they be?

I have the formulas down but I'm juggling a few other things so anything that can focus me on the best stuff would be awesome!

I liked the Ucertify flash cards and also the practice tests in learn mode. I watched/listened to the lynda videos while gaming or driving, it helped me gain a high-level understanding project management as a whole and also terminology in context.
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I signed up for the Proj+ Beta...I know this is for mainly project managers, but I thought it could help my project mgmt skills better. Since it is only $50 instead of the normal $285, it is a no-brainer for me. However, not sure it will help me get a better job either. I don't have any study material as of yet, but didn't know if the existing PK0-003 material will be suffice for this 004 beta exam. Any suggestions will be helpful. Cheers!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP