MCSE: Server Infrastructure Renewal

StarkeStarke Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
Has anyone gone through this yet? I need to renew by March. I see you need to take the 70-980 which is a combined 413 and 414 exam. Has anyone taken it? I swear I remember reading at one time that you might be able to do some online training instead. Also you would think I could take the MCSA: Server 2016 exam instead but maybe that's not an option yet since it's still in beta?
MCSA: Windows Server 2012 - MCITP (SA, EA, EMA) - CCA (XD4, XD5, XS5, XS6) - VCP 4

Comments

• GSXR750K2GSXR750K2 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't yet. I've been wrestling on whether or not to renew my MCSE (expires at the end of October). I don't need to renew it, but I like having it. I'm leaning towards letting it lapse and instead take the 70-743 upgrade exam for 2016. I'm not aware of an alternative path to maintaining certification aside from the 70-980 exam.

Do you have the MCSE now? Just referencing your signature showing the MCSA. The MCSA doesn't expire per se (it'll be good until no one uses 2012 anymore) but he MCSE has a three year shelf life.
  • SmilymarcoSmilymarco Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Online training is not available for MCSE Server infrastructure...
    See this page for more details:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/recertification-virtual-academy.aspx

As far as I know a new MCSA does not renew a MCSE.
  • StarkeStarke Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes my signature is very out of date. I have three MCSEs.
    GSXR750K2 wrote: »
    I haven't yet. I've been wrestling on whether or not to renew my MCSE (expires at the end of October). I don't need to renew it, but I like having it. I'm leaning towards letting it lapse and instead take the 70-743 upgrade exam for 2016. I'm not aware of an alternative path to maintaining certification aside from the 70-980 exam.

Do you have the MCSE now? Just referencing your signature showing the MCSA. The MCSA doesn't expire per se (it'll be good until no one uses 2012 anymore) but he MCSE has a three year shelf life.
    MCSA: Windows Server 2012 - MCITP (SA, EA, EMA) - CCA (XD4, XD5, XS5, XS6) - VCP 4