Question for those who have passed the Linux+

quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
So I'm studying for the LX-103 right now using the material from WGU (uCertify). Seems like the majority of what I'm learning so far is either commands or file locations. Like, a solid 60-70% of the practice questions I've done are just asking what command and option does what. Is this similar to the actual exam? I was already planning on labbing like crazy to get the commands ingrained in my mind, but I might pick up another book if the real test is going to be this heavy on the subject.

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    There are a lot of command-line questions (i.e. you have to type the correct commands and options in). Also, if you don't know the location of various files, you will flounder.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • ChinookChinook Member Posts: 206
    - Definitely learn the commands
    - Definitely understand the file structure inside and out. Eg. Where is the ls command located?

Learning Linux commands is rather boring in a lab setting but it's highly important because you'll need all this once you start writing BASH scripts. If you understand the commands writing BASH scripts will be much easier.

If you're not using something like Linux Academy, I would recommend you build a Linux system without a GUI. You can then SSH into the box & study using a pure command line versus working in a GUI. The real key is repetition of commands. I started using Linux in the mid 90's and if the government attempted to erases my memory I'm sure I'd remember certain Linux commands icon_wink.gif.
  • quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
    Well I'll be picking up The Linux Command Line in the next few days. I've got a VM with CentOS 7 running on it. No GUI so I'm forced to learn the commands!

Thanks for the replies!
  • bonesforumtechbonesforumtech Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I'll be picking up The Linux Command Line in the next few days. I've got a VM with CentOS 7 running on it. No GUI so I'm forced to learn the commands!

Thanks for the replies!

commands, the flags, and location of where files are located are most important.
  • bsjkdbsjkd Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am currently with WGU also and I am currently studying for the exam 103, I've learned from the chatter box to request the mentors for Labsim, once I started studying this content it seems to be a little more in depth for me.