Taking the SY0-401 Friday morning for recertification

GLaDOSGLaDOS Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
Taking the SY0-401 on Friday to renew my Sec+, Net+, and A+.

After this I'm going to make sure I stay on top of my continuing education credits so I don't have to do this again! icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Feel pretty good about it - have gotten good scores on all of Gibson's practice questions so far (mostly 90s and up with a few 80s and up scattered throughout). His book is, as always, phenomenal.

Here's to hoping for a passing score!
"Tahiti is not in Europe. I'm going to be sick."

Comments

• pikachueypikachuey Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    GLaDOS

I'm in the same boat. My exam is tomorrow morning and I've been lurking this forum as a guest and decided to create an account to contribute.

Completed All content on GCGA book and GCGAP content and practice questions.

Wish me luck and Hope to see you have success as well!
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Best of luck, I'm also on the boat but taking on 28 of October!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck to both of you guys! I know you'll knock it out of the park!
  • StiffmeisterStiffmeister Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Keep us updated. I'm finishing the 19 hrs of ProfessorMesser tomorrow. Then back to studying Daril Gibson's GCGA book again. I did NOT use the premium content and an quite interested if it helps on the performance based questions. One of mine...I had no idea what they wanted. Failed last month with a 690. Not sure if Messer has really helped, but it couldn't hurt.

The questions are much more indepth than the practice questions. Skip/flag those PBA's and come back so you don't feel like you're going to run out of time.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed the exam yesterday morning! Very excited and figuring out where to go next!

Good luck to all who are taking it soon - if I can do it, you definitely can!
  • TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • mjupitermjupiter Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I took it today and didn't pass. I was surprised because I scored well on Gibson's tests. What materials did you use to prepare?
    Study materials really seems to be an issue. I've watched all the ProfessorMesser videos but do not think it was in depth enough to pass. Great general understanding, but the test is so nit picky.

I'm currently going back through Gibson's GCGA book and making a ton of flashcards. Then I will look at the premium content on the website because I did hear it helps with PBQ's. However, others have said this is still not enough content to pass.

Has anyone used these Measure Ups? Someone suggested that.
  • davidb1davidb1 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did you pay the $30 to use the Gibson questions on his website>?
  • horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    Good Luck man, I am doing the same.
  • atippettatippett Member Posts: 154
    The GCGA Premium PBQ are exactly like the PBQ on the exam. I either had 4 or 5 PBQ on the exam and 3 of them were the exact same. Good luck!
    Thanks for that information Atippett.