CCSP - Certified Cloud Security Professional - Passed 1st Attempt

rickberrrickberr Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
Been a while since I was last on the site. I took the CCSP exam this morning; the exam was tough due to some very "weird" questions (worse than the CISSP exam) so I am glad that I still managed to pass it. I have listed the resources that I used to pass the exam below.Study Resources: 1. Official ISC2 CCSP Course w/student handbook (the student handbook is the best resource for the exam)2. Cybrary IT CCSP course (downloaded and listened to the CCSP mp3s everyday the last 2-3 weeks) 3. Personal Mind Maps (1st time creating them but they got the job done)I still need to wait for the "official" email but that should be here within a few days. According to the ISC2 website, 517 CCSP certifications have been issued in the US.Hopefully will get to see a few more of the "passed" posts. Not an expert but if I can help anyone with questions I will do my best.Later, Rick

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! Did you use any of the ENISA or CSA docs?
  • TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Grats!!!!
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations! Glad to see more people passing this exam and the numbers going up. When i took it there were only 84.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    one of my goals for 2017 :)
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    rickberr wrote: »
    Been a while since I was last on the site. I took the CCSP exam this morning; the exam was tough due to some very "weird" questions (worse than the CISSP exam) so I am glad that I still managed to pass it. I have listed the resources that I used to pass the exam below.Study Resources: 1. Official ISC2 CCSP Course w/student handbook (the student handbook is the best resource for the exam)2. Cybrary IT CCSP course (downloaded and listened to the CCSP mp3s everyday the last 2-3 weeks) 3. Personal Mind Maps (1st time creating them but they got the job done)I still need to wait for the "official" email but that should be here within a few days. According to the ISC2 website, 517 CCSP certifications have been issued in the US.Hopefully will get to see a few more of the "passed" posts. Not an expert but if I can help anyone with questions I will do my best.Later, Rick

You are the first person to say the official ISC2 CCSP course with handbook was actually useful. I'm glad to hear that as I recently took it. Were any of the CSA or NIST docs helpful?
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • rickberrrickberr Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you, I would definitely review the CSA/ENISA docs. My instructor stated that the ISC2 student handbook was enough to pass the exam but I don't agree. Of the 3 people (me included) in my class that I know took the CCSP exam, 2 passed and 1 failed. The two that passed the CISSP exam agreed that the CCSP exam was the harder test.

The classmate that failed retook the class (different instructor) so he is planning to try again early portion of next month.

Sorry, I did not mention in my previous post that an colleague provided me with his CCSK mind map. While I didn't study his mind map as much as my CCSP material, my test did have more CSA/ENISA related questions than I expected. His mind map is good so let me know if you want a copy as it covered both the CSA and ENISA guides.

Other than that, just a few lifestyle changes (less playing of The Division) and I added a natural magnesium supplement to my diet to improve memory. Not a health avenger but I do feel like I started retaining more information while studying after taking it for about a week.
    Yes, you will want to review the NIST documents. Also, if your instructor provided links to other resources during the review session those are probably fair game and you should review them; at least at a high level. A few of the technologies my instructor discussed did show up on my test.
    Congratulations to you too!!! There are currently 517 in the US according the ISC2 site so its slowing growing. Ready to officially add my "+1" to that number.

isc2_dot_org/member-counts_dot_aspx
    Thank you, I would definitely review the CSA/ENISA docs. My instructor stated that the ISC2 student handbook was enough to pass the exam but I don't agree. Of the 3 people (me included) in my class that I know took the CCSP exam, 2 passed and 1 failed. The two that passed the CISSP exam agreed that the CCSP exam was the harder test.

The classmate that failed retook the class (different instructor) so he is planning to try again early portion of next month.

Sorry, I did not mention in my previous post that an colleague provided me with his CCSK mind map. While I didn't study his mind map as much as my CCSP material, my test did have more CSA/ENISA related questions than I expected. His mind map is good so let me know if you want a copy as it covered both the CSA and ENISA guides.

Other than that, just a few lifestyle changes (less playing of The Division) and I added a natural magnesium supplement to my diet to improve memory. Not a health avenger but I do feel like I started retaining more information while studying after taking it for about a week.

Can you send me a copy of the mind map? I sent you a private message with my email address. Thanks!
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

• w77mw77m Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Could you share that mindmap please (should I send a private message?)? I want to have a go at this cert. How long did you spend with the studies before taking the exam? I don't plan on taking the official course, just wondering if the official ccsp cbk 2nd edition book is enough (along with the other casa/enisa/nist documents)?
    w77m wrote: »
    Could you share that mindmap please (should I send a private message?)? I want to have a go at this cert. How long did you spend with the studies before taking the exam? I don't plan on taking the official course, just wondering if the official ccsp cbk 2nd edition book is enough (along with the other casa/enisa/nist documents)?

From what others have said here, just the CCSP CBK 2nd edition is not enough. You need the CSA guide, NIST docs, ENISA, etc.

By the way, has anyone else noticed the CCSP CBK 2nd edition seems exactly like the first edition? I have a hard copy of the 2nd edition and look at the 1st edition through safari at work, and I do not notice any difference.

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I also have both editions and have been looking really hard between them but nothing stands out as different. I am just half way through it but am not putting my hopes up.
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I also have both editions and have been looking really hard between them but nothing stands out as different. I am just half way through it but am not putting my hopes.

Feel bad for those who had the first edition and bought the 2nd edition thinking it would be an actual useful update.

For those of you wondering what happens after you pass the CCSP exam, the endorsement process comes next. The process is a lot faster than it was last year. After I submitted my info online, my endorser submitted his info on 09/14 and I received my official email yesterday afternoon (10/10) around 4 PM EST. So total time from the day I passed to the day I was official was 4 weeks.

Rick
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For those of you wondering what happens after you pass the CCSP exam, the endorsement process comes next. The process is a lot faster than it was last year. After I submitted my info online, my endorser submitted his info on 09/14 and I received my official email yesterday afternoon (10/10) around 4 PM EST. So total time from the day I passed to the day I was official was 4 weeks.

Rick

How many years experience do you have? I just moved into a Cloud Security Analyst role and thinking of this exam.
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    anybody seeing a requirement for this cert in the UK?
  • manalsabrimanalsabri Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    First of all big congratulations on completing the test.

The student handbook that you are referring, is it the handbook you receive with on-demand training.
  • TreySongTreySong Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. How long did you study before you took the exam?
  • TreySongTreySong Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There are only 78 individuals certified in the UK. bUt I am doing it in the next few months. I work in Cyber Security and it will be a fantastic addition to my knowledge base and will definitely come in handy in terms of career progression.
  • manalsabrimanalsabri Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can you please share the mindmap.
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Andy.WallaceAndy.Wallace Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done. Do you find any decent practice questions?
  • navdodnavdod Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Could you please share the CCSK & CCSP mind maps.
    Thank you.
  • andeluboandelubo Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can you share with me the mindmap too? Thanks. Happy new year 2017
  • billydanzinibillydanzini Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing.

I just registered to take my CCSP late next month and would also like if you could share your mindmap with me as well as I buckle down into studying.

Thanks!
  • CLI KungfuCLI Kungfu Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Rick- Congrats on passing CCSP. I was wondering if you can share the mind map with me? Also, has anyone used the All-in-One CCSP by [FONT=&quot]Daniel Carter? Thanks and congrats again!

icon_cool.gif
    [/FONT]
  • Peter_welsPeter_wels Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Everyone,

Cccure.org has ccsp mindmaps available.

https://cccure.training/m/articles/view/CCSP-MindMaps

Pete