ISE/WSA/ESA for lab

mnashemnashe Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
what's the best method for getting these setup in a home lab? I believe there are trials for all three but I'd probably need more time than what's given. Is there an easy way to refresh the trial or do you have to wipe the VMs, build new ones and request a new trial license? If so, can you request multiple trials of a product?

I'd hate to get my cisco rep involved, because they'll keep trying to sell me things we can't buy yet

Comments

• KrekenKreken Member Posts: 284
    Download VMs from Cisco site. You can even run them using VMware Player. ISE 1.1 already comes with 90 days trial license. Maybe some higher version does too, you would have to find out. For WSA and ESA, try to get the trial license through the portal first. If that doesn't work (it didn't for me), contact Cisco licensing directly over the phone and ask them for a trial for your studies. They will generate it and send it to you. To extended it past the license days, change back the systems time.
  • mnashemnashe Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kreken wrote: »
    Download VMs from Cisco site. You can even run them using VMware Player. ISE 1.1 already comes with 90 days trial license. Maybe some higher version does too, you would have to find out. For WSA and ESA, try to get the trial license through the portal first. If that doesn't work (it didn't for me), contact Cisco licensing directly over the phone and ask them for a trial for your studies. They will generate it and send it to you. To extended it past the license days, change back the systems time.

thanks, so can you use the same trial license if you rebuild the VM?
  • mnashemnashe Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was able to get a trial license of ACS but it won't let me download the software. I was looking to get ACS 5.4 or 5.5. I have 5.3 but was trying to look at some of the newer features. It says I need entitlement. icon_sad.gif