CCENT Passed 12/4

Stu12Stu12 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone, just wanted to give my feedback regarding INCD1. Took the exam Friday and got a score of 935. Most of my studying came from CBT nuggets after reading Lammle's book. For subnetting there are various sites that generate random practice questions and just worked through those until I got comfortable. For those of you that are nervous going into the exam, I was the same. It was stressful trying to figure out if I'd studied enough but after getting to the exam, the questions seemed easier than I'd thought. Reading Lammle's book and watching cbt nuggets to fill in the gaps really helped. One tip for test takers, when you get to the exam you're given a dry erase board. I wrote down the powers of 2, the subnet masks and corresponding cidr notation, and things like that as reference charts. It saves so much time being able to glance at your chart for reference instead of counting and adding in your head. Don't forget you get 15 min before the exam where cisco reviews how questions on the test work and how to select answers. I used most of this time writing down reference charts and during the exam when presented with something that required knowing 2^8 or 2^9 or whatever, it helped being able to have things like that written down to prevent a careless error in a calculation or whatever. Good Luck to all future test takers, on to ICND2.

Comments

• toasterboy1toasterboy1 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing your experience. I have mine scheduled for next week and keeping going back and forth on my preparedness level. Writing things out before the exam seems to bee the biggest thing mentioned by everyone. Planning on going the same route with a powers of 2, CIDR/subnet mask, and maybe multiples of 16 all written out.
  • SegoviaSegovia Member Posts: 119
    Congrats!!

Yeah this also helped me. I got 100% of my subnetting questions right. But your score was a lot better than mine!
    WGU BS - IT Security ... Enrollment Date 10/15 ... Progress 45/124 CU {36%}
  • Stu12Stu12 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    toasterboy1 writing out multiples of 16 was another i forgot to mention. It helped a lot with not making a careless error. I think Cisco is aware that people make mistakes with multiples of 16 so having it is definitely a time saver.
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats Stu12, and good luck toasterboy1!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Melonie001Melonie001 Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□