Passed Security+ 9/15/2016 !!!

pikachueypikachuey Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
825/900

Exam: 72 Questions + 6 PBQ

Personal Info: 7+ years in the IT industry starting from Call Centre Support to presently Systems Eng. role.
Study Length: 1 month
Materials used: GCGA Study Guide, GCGA Premium (Basic Bundle), CBT Nuggets Videos, CertMaster(Not recommended as study guide, only useful for the 10HR of CE and it came with the exam bundle)

Like everyone that has taken the exam, I am amazed on how the questions really test your knowledge. So many curve-balls on the way their word their scenario's. You really need to dissect the material and pick out those key words. You really need to understand the concepts of the multiple choice answers that are listed, that will REALLY help with 'process of elimination' type of answering.

Best of luck, and thank you all for keeping this forum alive!

Comments

• danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! What's next for you?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • sanitasanita Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats I passed today too
  • ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What did the PBQs involve?
  • mandy7777mandy7777 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats
    When life gives you lemons, make lemonade:thumbup:
  • sys_tecksys_teck Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    do not use that braindump

attention: to admin and moderator: please ban killexam
    working on CCNA
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111
    I know the "brain ****" thing is discouraged and such by why such hate when someone mentions them?

Also to pikachuey, congrats first and what you mean the 10hr CE? What is that? I heard CertMaster was garbage, I can confirm that because that's what I used on my first test which I failed. I am studying again though and plan to take it within the next month. GCGA is that good? What about other options? I have been reading Darril Gibsons book and plan to get deep into it again here starting this weekend or next week. Let me know. If anyone would like to message me with any pointers, or study guides or study groups that would be cool too. Thanks in advance for any help.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□