How many average daily hours that you put into study ? and on the weekend?

mandy7777mandy7777 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just wondering whoever studied the MCSA / MCSE , how many hours you guys put into daily when you are working?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade:thumbup:

Comments

• LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Daily when i'm studying about 2 hours total. Weekends about the same maybe 3. Generally speaking for me i study from 8 to 10 (once i'm home from work, kid is in bed).

It really depends on how much information you retain and your experience level. If you have tons of experience and remember things well you probably could review like 30 minutes every night and be fine. For me, i have the experience but not the memory retention of others so i need to go over stuff more often to keep it top of mind.
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When I was studying for the MCSA earlier this year I studied a minimum of 2-3 hours a night Monday - Friday (sometimes more), an hour every day during my lunch break, and usually between 8-10 hours a day on weekends, although the weekend hours would sometimes be a little less and. I also had a few years of experience with Server 2012 and previous MS Server OS technologies. I did the 3 MCSA exams in about 6 and a half months total and took a week off from studying in-between each exam to give my brain a rest.
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A lot... could be around 5 or even more... both at home and at work. On some days, usually weekends I don't do anything, just veg out
  • poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A lot. Some times I was more tired and would do 1-2 hours. Most nights it was 3-5 or more easily.

However, the numbers offered in this thread are not necessarily going to reflect your needs. Don't think about it as "what is the fewest number of hours I can study and still pass?". Think of it more as a "how do I maximize my study time so I can understand the material to pass to the exam?". If you think about it that way it becomes less about how long you study and more about how effective your study time is. If your tired, you'll waste time and need to review if you study for 5 hours. If you are energized and excited, you'll waste energy by only studying for 1 or 2 hours. Listen to your body and to your brain - know when to stop and when to keep going.

As a final note, take occasional breaks when studying (10-15 minutes ever 1-2 hours). It will help you not to wear out so fast.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did around 0.5-2 hours per night for a few months and usually about the same on the weekends unless I could managed to get a good 4-5 hrs in on a friday or saturday late at night.
  • NorrisMcWherterNorrisMcWherter Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ^ What he said. 1/2-2hrs a night for 2-3 months, then go for the exam. Some studying at work which is mostly relevant to the tasks I'm doing, so it's nice to get sharpened up on best practice etc whilst performing the work you'll get quizzed on. Been on a cert marathon for 18 months now, so going to get MCSA 2012 done by end March hopefully, then just study for fun for a year or so. I think studying's great when you're enjoying it, when on a Cert hunt, not so much.
  • DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I really enjoy it as well, all this geeky stuff is what I do in my spare time anyway, but definitely different went trying to structure it into a certification.
  • No_NerdNo_Nerd Banned Posts: 168
    2 hours a day no matter what

I work too much ro devote more then that unless i am in a class
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I try to study for about 2 hours at work and other 2 hours at home. Some times at work i don't get enough time since i get calls for support or something else comes up. At home same thing family and stuff. By the way I do get a good solid study time my brain is tired or my body. I have about 15 days until I take my exam. I'm feeling okay but feel I need more studying. This week i'm going to push my self even tho I'm sick as a dog.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*