GCIH on Monday

haC1haC1 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have my GCIH exam booked for this coming Monday.

We spend 4 full days creating my first index - basically about 35 hours - reading the books and adding to my xls. After that it was about 20 pages and 800 lines.

At the end of the 4 days i took the first pactise exam. Was happy with the 79% but thought i should have done better.

I've spent this week updating the index - now at about 1,200 lines, and this weekend will go though Counter Hack and the Red and Blue Team manuals.

Will do the final practace on Sunday before the actual exam on Monday when i'll take my index, the manuals, the SANS **** sheets and possibly the Red and Blue Team books...

Comments

• quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck on the exam. My first practice test was similar to yours. I took it earlier than I should have and my index wasn't complete. I scored higher on the exam than the practice tests which seems to be a pretty common thing.
  • nopx90nopx90 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    haC1 wrote: »
    I have my GCIH exam booked for this coming Monday.

We spend 4 full days creating my first index - basically about 35 hours - reading the books and adding to my xls. After that it was about 20 pages and 800 lines.

At the end of the 4 days i took the first pactise exam. Was happy with the 79% but thought i should have done better.

I've spent this week updating the index - now at about 1,200 lines, and this weekend will go though Counter Hack and the Red and Blue Team manuals.

Will do the final practace on Sunday before the actual exam on Monday when i'll take my index, the manuals, the SANS **** sheets and possibly the Red and Blue Team books...

Blue team handbook is probabaly a must. But, the RTFM is probably not worth the time (mainly command line syntax).

Good luck!
  • gwood113gwood113 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Any updates? Monday has come and gone.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm guessing 86% icon_thumright.gif