Odd problem

dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
So, I've got an odd problem that I've not yet been able to chase down... So I'm hoping someone here might have an answer.

Problem: The OS doesn't register a keypress when I hit the period key on the 10-key keypad.

Observations: I've got a Logitech MX 3200 keyboard, so the period key on the 10-key is also has an alternate mapping for the DEL key (in addition to the DEL key above the cursor/arrow keys). If I press CTRL + ALT and hit the period/DEL key, the OS will register that combo and present me with the option to lock the screen. Also, if I open a command prompt and hold ALT and press the period/DEL key, it will print a period. If I try ALT + period/DEL in MS Word, nothing.

Troubleshooting: I've hooked up my Logitech K750 to see if the period key would work (it's only single mapped on the K750), and no dice.

Other notes: None of the accessibility options are been turned on. The cursed Sticky Keys is definitely off, I checked, then hit the Shift key 5 times so the OS would prompt me to turn it on, then told it to eff off.

Any suggestions?
Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow

Comments

• DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Have you tried going to device manager and checking if the keyboard has any warning or exceptions?

Assuming you are using Winders.....
  • dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    I am using good 'ol Winders, but it wasn't a hardware issue.

I've been using a piece of software for school called Minitab. It's like an overly difficult version of Excel used only in stats classes. Anyway, I had a few of the cells selected in a Minitab workbook, and it was inhibiting my use of the key. God, that was frustrating.
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow