Can i study old book to Pass LX0-103 AND LX0-104

salmanranjhasalmanranjha Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,
I am new to forum and have a quick question i am trying to find some book on the new LINUX+ certification (if some one can send me some link to find new ebooks on LX0-103 AND LX0-104) and if i couldn't find it can i study just the old study guide of LX0-101 AND LX0-102 to appear for the new exam?
a quick response will be highly apperciated

Comments

• thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You would need to compare what those books cover to the new exam objectives. For 103 the old books are probably missing information about upstart and systemd at a minimum. I'm not sure about 104 since I havent prepared for it yet.
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is a good question, while Linux commands are pretty much what it will always be, you should always go with the newest most updated books, meaning the 103 and 104, because they are written specifically for those exams.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • salmanranjhasalmanranjha Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well so how I can download free ebook for LX0-103 AND LX0-104 if you guys can share a link to download this book for free
    thanks,
  • DAVID QDAVID Q Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes and know and that's because some of the basic commands(ls,cp,cd,mov,mkdir) don't change from older version to new version or distro to distro Yet many of the network and more serious commands will change from older to latest version. Now here's a life example I was dealing. I was taking a Linux course through my local college via TESTOUT and they were using Fedora Linux 12 thru 13, but I decided to down load Fedora 19 thru 21 and like said Many of the network commands had change in the newer distributions. Also when test for Linux know what distros you will test on for example you have
    1.OPEN SUSE
    2.UBUNTU
    3.FEDORA
    4.CENTOS
    5.REDHAT

I only listed the main distros which are the ones they are likely to test your on.
  • ChinookChinook Member Posts: 206
    @OP

For the most part, yes you can. The basics of Linux never change. What has changed are things like SystemD, the use of Aptitude among other technologies. You would need to learn these elsewhere to pass the exam. There are probably free books out there someplace but generally you have to pay for them. If you can afford it, I would use Linux Academy as a means of passing the exam. If you use their product you don't need a book (they supply notes).