Options

t-1hour for the CompTia HIT Exam!

jmartin2119jmartin2119 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

I used the CBT Nuggets course, as well as the CompTia Authorized Cert text by Joy Dark to prepare for the exam. As a Cat Scan Technologist for over 10 years, I'm trying to get into a Informatiacist position at my current job. I have NO experience in IT. Studying for this exam is like studying a different language. However, I'm keen on languages and speak Spanish, and some limited Arabic as well. Lol. I will update you all when I get home of my results.

Josh

Comments

• Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Let us know how you do!
  • Options
    Ahhh! I got a 622!!! Dang it. What a bummer. There was some real subjective irrational questions on it. I'm certain if I had some field experience under my belt, I would have passed. I'm going to retake this in a couple weeks. I will not be defeated by this exam!!!
  • Options
    daristotledaristotle Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes. There are definitely some questions that require what the books said, not what the real answer would be. I think I managed to squeak through when I took it.
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck again!! Study in what you missed!! :)
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    aptgetaptget Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the information. I will be tackling this cert next as I just finished the ITIL Foundations exam. Like you I worked as cardiac cath tech and I was looking into maybe some PACs, CVIS or something similar instead of just a pure clinical role. If you don't mind, would you mind sharing what study guides or books you used to pass the CIIP? How did you find that exam? Good luck with your journey to get into a more technical role. It is not an easy feat to pivot in the healthcare realm it seems.
  • Options
    I used this text to study for the CIIP...

https://www.amazon.com/Practical-Imaging-Informatics-Applications-Professionals/dp/1441904832/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474135786&sr=8-1&keywords=imaging+informatics

I was also given some great handouts and practice tests via email from a very generous PACS Administrator that I messaged through LinkedIn. I do not think I would have passed the exam without that information. If you would like, I could forward the pdf's to you by email. I barely passed the CIIP with a 78%. IT is such a new industry to me. The leap out of a Radiology role can be difficult, but not impossible. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    aptgetaptget Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the book information. Yes, I would greatly appreciate the CIIP hand outs if you don't mind sending it my way. I am hoping the take the Comptia HIT exam in the next few weeks with CIIP a maybe by year end. I tackled ITIL foundations already so I am trying to to add value on top on my clinical experience in an attempt to get into informatics at some point. Sounds like you are on the right track as well. Thanks again for your input and handouts.
  • Options
    mike2246mike2246 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jmartin2119, I also plan on taking the CIIP exam soon but cannot find any study guides would you be able to send me anything you have on it?

I used this text to study for the CIIP...

https://www.amazon.com/Practical-Imaging-Informatics-Applications-Professionals/dp/1441904832/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474135786&sr=8-1&keywords=imaging+informatics

I was also given some great handouts and practice tests via email from a very generous PACS Administrator that I messaged through LinkedIn. I do not think I would have passed the exam without that information. If you would like, I could forward the pdf's to you by email. I barely passed the CIIP with a 78%. IT is such a new industry to me. The leap out of a Radiology role can be difficult, but not impossible. Good luck to you!