Booked CCSA for October 22nd having not looked at study material at all

seabroseabro Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I scraped through CCNA on Saturday (having booked the re-sit on Wednesday) and told my wife it was too stressful, I need to be more prepared next time.

Then yesterday I went on the Pearson Vue website to see if they offer Checkpoint exams and I booked my CCSA for a month away. Oops. But the deadline helps motivate me to study.

I used the Gaia GUI at work for changing and pushing policies but I have never touched the CLI. General maintenance, backing up and monitoring is not in my remit. I don't setup or manage VPN's so there is a lot of new material.

I am going to use r76 CBT nuggets, and the Checkpoint Administrators Guide and I also have two official looking manuals 'Security Administration Student Manual' and 'Security Administration Lan Manual' kindly lent to me by a colleague who did a course.

Here we go!

Comments

• doxthefoxdoxthefox Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck!

I definitely recommenced going through all the various admin guides. This is certainly a lot of content to cover, but none of it is deeply technical, and if you're working with CP products at work I think you'll be able to absorb content quite easily.
  • seabroseabro Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi doxthefox,

Agreed, it does seem to be sinking in quite well although I definitely won't be counting my chickens yet!

I have installed the Gaia 77.3 on VMWare locally and SmartDashboard on my PC. I am not going bother getting everything setup exactly per the lab book I have, but I will have a play around with the labs.

Fingers crossed, exam is a month today. I'll be gutted if I don't pass icon_sad.gif £150 down the tubes.
  • seabroseabro Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Studies are progressing well. I have read the study manual cover to cover (it's only small) and moved onto CBT nuggets. Once I have completed the nuggets I will have a look at the official guide on the website then go back over some stuff. I'll also have a look through these threads for study tips.

I've been playing around with my local SmartDashboard install too. Just over 3 weeks to the exam.

(This study is a thousand times more organised than my CCNA study was!).
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Quite a lot of employers are asking for CheckPoint, Palo Alto and F5 certs or experience. Keep it up and share your experiences. I will like to take on one of these materials early next year.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • AfaqueAfaque Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes keep us informed,many are seeing security certs means only ceh,cissp but checkpoint certs are also valuable in my opinion.