Options

CCNA Security book 210-260 book is a dud.

13»

Comments

• Options
    cmztechcmztech Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just got my CCNA today, woot woot!

Excited to start studying for CCNA Security - did a search on where to start - found this thread

So, is the consensus I am hearing is that the CCNA Security is not going to be a self study type of flow, like the CCNA? I'm under the impression that now it is better (or perhaps the only way) to pay for a boot camp, whether on line or in person. Which is looking like $3k - $6k ? --There are even concerns that these boot camps do not align with the test.

Does anyone beg to differ in that statement?

Here is a reddit thread that basically co-signs all the voices of woe, so far. So, what do we do about this gang? Petition Cisco?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ccnas/comments/49f1pa/failed_210260_exam_today/
  • Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cmztech wrote: »
    Just got my CCNA today, woot woot!

Excited to start studying for CCNA Security - did a search on where to start - found this thread

So, is the consensus I am hearing is that the CCNA Security is not going to be a self study type of flow, like the CCNA? I'm under the impression that now it is better (or perhaps the only way) to pay for a boot camp, whether on line or in person. Which is looking like $3k - $6k ? --There are even concerns that these boot camps do not align with the test.

Does anyone beg to differ in that statement?

Here is a reddit thread that basically co-signs all the voices of woe, so far. So, what do we do about this gang? Petition Cisco?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ccnas/comments/49f1pa/failed_210260_exam_today/

I wouldnt say you need a bootcamp for it. Just dont rely on the OCG for everything. Others have pointed supplemental material that might help you.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    cmztechcmztech Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks @Taco. I read back through the thread and definitely was reading with blinders the first time.

I think I'll start with the OCG and fork out the $1500 for the Cisco IINS v3 video series.. Then supplement with some PluralSight training videos and in between all that find a good lab environment to practice.
  • Options
    neonmanneonman Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think you would be mad to fork out 1,500 on an entry level exam? But that is just my opinion on the matter. Surely going through the blueprint and then looking up stuff like PVLAN, Port Security, CAM table attacks, the 3 pillars of security C.I.A etc on cisco.com would give you a LOT of the information you are looking for? CBT nuggets for hands on labs and guides on how to configure ASA etc?

Whatever you decided to do good luck and hope you pass the exam.

All the best...

Neon
  • Options
    xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    udemy.com is offering Chris Bryant's CCNA Security bootcamp for $19 right now. Or, if you buy his his CCNA 200-125 bootcamp in September (also $19 at this point), he includes the CCNA Security videos for free. The website says he's in the process of updating the videos for the newest exam (210-260 IINS). I've watched a few of his CCNA videos, and he seems to know his stuff.

Might be a good supplement to other study material.
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
    2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+