Passed CISSP

slim27jointslim27joint Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
I passed CISSP this past weekend and to my surprised it wasn't as difficult as I thought. I studied for about 2-3 weeks, but I did take CISM in June, so that material helped immensely, as with all information attained from previous certifications. I didn't use much material for studying, but the following stuff I did use played a key part in passing:

Cybrary.it - Watch this.....more than once until you have a good grasp.
CCCure - Must have this! Explains why the answer is the correct answer and why the wrong answers are the wrong answers!
11th Hour - Didn't really dive into it, screened Domains 1 & 8.

That's all folks! The most difficult part of the exam was the length, so fatigue comes into play. Be sure to take breaks (I took 5). If you don't know an answer flag it and press on to the next. Another note: It's an international exam, so anything US or country specific, don't even waste your time studying i.e. NIST, FIPS, etc.

Comments

• ankit2455ankit2455 Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats...needs some tips from you and it would be great if you can help as i am going to give the exam next month. Are most of the questions straight forward or are they scenario specific. Which are the most important domains as in from which domain does most of the questions come?

Thanks!!
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well Done . Congrats.icon_thumright.gif
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats!

@ankit2455 Thinking of some domains as more important than others will set you up for failure.
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Thanks for the tips!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • slim27jointslim27joint Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ankit2455 wrote: »
    Congrats...needs some tips from you and it would be great if you can help as i am going to give the exam next month. Are most of the questions straight forward or are they scenario specific. Which are the most important domains as in from which domain does most of the questions come?

Thanks!!

That's another difficult aspect of the exam, all the information you have to study. If you're able to answer yes to each CIB of every domain, then you'll be in good shape to pass. ISC2 has a break down of how much material from each domain will be in the exam. Study all the domains and understand the concepts, if you do that then it doesn't matter what type of question they ask on the exam.
  • Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • No_NerdNo_Nerd Banned Posts: 168
  • shamim.secshamim.sec Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Deadly-DosageDeadly-Dosage Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • hugebrainhugebrain Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 250 ■■■□□□□□□□