VMware certs confusion

jasojaso Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,can someone please clear for me the difference among these certification exams - 2V0-620, 1V0-621 and 1V0-601?

In order to be VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV) one have to take 2V0-621 and one foundation exam - if I click on that exam in Path 1 under VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV) page, I get to 2V0-620. But if I click on VCA6-DCV - the previous step in the DCV track, I see there 1V0-621 and 1V0-601 exams.

So this confuses me a lot - is it that the 2V0-620 exam isn't connected to VCA6-DCV in any mean? And thinking about it in opposite way - getting the VCA6-DCV doesn't mean, one doesn't have to got through 2V0-620?

I hope someone will be able to orientate in my thoughts and confusions :).

Thanks.

Comments

• EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The VCA is not linked with the VCP, the VCA is a sales/management exam, no one who takes virtualization seriously will give it a second glance. If you want a job in the IT industry and want a VMware certification to "show" knowledge, go for the VCP and the ones after.
  • jasojaso Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    EANx wrote: »
    The VCA is not linked with the VCP, the VCA is a sales/management exam, no one who takes virtualization seriously will give it a second glance. If you want a job in the IT industry and want a VMware certification to "show" knowledge, go for the VCP and the ones after.

Ah ok, thanks! Based on the track, I thought it is somehow linked... Now that explains it.