Options

Software Issues Help!!!

greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
Hey guys I had a user who was complaining about her Scan Snap ix500 Scanner not being able to scan her documents. I uninstall the software and the attempted to reinstall the software and when I went to reinstall it I got a message that said.

''Uninstallation not completed. Restart your computer'' I restarted the computer many times but keep getting the same message when I try to reinstall again.''

AnY thoughts Guys?
:
Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.

Comments

• Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Try putting it into safe mode to uninstall.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If both of the above don't work, I'd put in a support ticket with the vendor and/or search their website and see if they have known issues for this.
  • Options
    TechxWizardTechxWizard Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You might have to delete the traces this program left in the registry. i had a similar issue with Symantec Endpoint.
    *********Proceed with CAUTION*********

if you don't feel comfortable in the registry. Don't do it.
    worst case senario, call the vendor for support.
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Try using Revo Uninstaller to uninstall, and then run CCleaner to slough off old reg entries for good measure.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks for the suggestions Guys.... to update I went into the registry but everything seemed normal and nothing out of the ordinary was seen. I used the Microsoft Windows Installer tool. None of those options worked so I resorted to using System Restore and that resolved my user's issue. she is back up which I am glad but I wanted to try out alot of tools because a system restore is usually my last option. Thanks Guys!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.