ricktearicktea Inactive Imported Users Posts: 118
I'm not certain after doing a lot of reading if PIO Modes will
be on the test. Does anyone know if this subject is likely to be on
the Hardware Core Exam. Thanks, Ric
Richard Krenzel

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Probably not, but if you know what they are, you shouldn't have a problem. Not a heavy study area I would think....I don't remember any on mine....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    ricktea wrote:
    I'm not certain after doing a lot of reading if PIO Modes will
    be on the test. Does anyone know if this subject is likely to be on
    the Hardware Core Exam. Thanks, Ric

Was it listed on the objectives?

For about the 8th time from myself and others I've seen comment...Get the objectives icon_exclaim.gif Whatever is listed on the objectives is what you should expect to see on the exam, period.

Look at the percentages for the topics covered and you can decide for yourself if you should spend more or less time on it.

And while I stated I"m not going to respond further to your posts, due to your admitted Br@indumb usage...What is the book are you using that has PIO modes in it? Because if it is an A+ Certification book....you likely have your answer already if you need to prepare for that area or not.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ricktearicktea Inactive Imported Users Posts: 118
    thanks, I have looked at the objectives, it is mentioned there,
    but I've read that many subjects on the actual exam have nothing
    to do with the objectives, and things that are on the objectives are
    not mentioned on the actual exam at all. In reading the objectives
    they often end a sentence with "etc". which makes it unclear.

I see also on the objectives that defrag, scandisk, and chkdsk are
    on the hardware exam, that is not included in the passport hardware
    section I'm reading in meyers book. I hope you can continue to help
    me, my exam is this week. I'm still making errors on the practice
    exam even though I've read each of the 3 books I'm using several
    times. It is the way they phrase the question will be my undoing.
    thanks again, Ric
    Richard Krenzel
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    You are not ready to take this exam and even if you pass you will not be doing your employer nor your client any justice. You need to practice and get your hands on some real experience by DOING and not reading a book or cheats or whatever you are reading.

A tech needs to be able to do research and you've asked the members to do a LOT of your research. A+ is the easiest exam of all the exams. If you haven't developed good study skills with this exam...how will you prepare for the future exams?

From your posts on this site, since you just began to prepare in Sept, already stated you don't have experience, and also stated you've read dumbs....I strongly recommend holding off on the exam until you have LEARNED the material not memorized a few things. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you need a book to figure out disk defragmenter, I think McDonalds is hiring.....seriously Ric, some of the questions you ask are ponderous. The answers are in your books. The idea of a test, is not to just check what they tell you to know. You should be well-rounded in subject before you test, it sounds like you just started reading last week, although, we all know you started a while back....It's just the objectives, it's also the common sense of trouble shooting. I would have to agree with Plantwiz, you are not ready for the exam. Learning > memorization....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    sigh....sadly IT has a steep learning curve.
    beat it, or leave it.

I speak from experience that the easiest exam may take the longest because of fear.

I wish you well in whatever you pursue.

ps. I hear defrag is important on Mcdonald's+ icon_wink.gif
    Jack of all trades, master of none