Passed Security+!

zafeer20zafeer20 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all, I have good news. I passed my Security+ on my first try!icon_cheers.gif

I studied vigorously for about three weeks after work/school. The materials I used are as follows:

Darril Gibson SYS 401+ = Hands down the best book I have read in regards to the SYS 401. I did skim through Mike Meyers Exam Cram and his Passport book, Darril's is well written and he breaks down what he explains in layman's terms.

gcgapremium = Darril's website that includes performance based questions, questions included from his book in an exam simulator, flash cards, and other VERY useful tests. I bought the 60 day access for $45 even though I only used 15 days of it, it was very useful.

ProfessorMesser Sys 401+ Cram sheet = It was a 36 page PDF document provided by my job, I think it costs about $10. I ran through this twice before taking my exam, very useful as it gets to gist of whats on the exam.

Therefore, make sure you have a thorough knowledge of all that is in the exam objectives. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. CCNA will be up next.

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Congrats to you.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! Cheers!icon_cool.gif
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! what was the score?
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck on your CCNA.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats - whats next?

EDIT: - The OP already mentioned CCNA in his/her post
  • zafeer20zafeer20 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you.

I appreciate it!
    Thanks everyone!!

The score was eh 767 but a pass is a pass icon_wink.gif
  • ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111
    Good stuff, congrats!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome!! Bravo Zulu!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratsss :D
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"