How does the CISSP feel compared to SCCP?

JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello.

I'm scheduled to take my CISSP exam on the 4th of October. I've been studying this exam for five years now and I've been really scared to take it because of how intimidating it was. Instead, I decided to take the SSCP exam a few years back when I felt like I was ready for the CISSP. I studied the SSCP for about three months after studying everything I needed for the CISSP. Thankfully, I passed but the feeling of taking that SSCP test was still a bit intimidating for me.

My question is, does the CISSP just feel like a longer, beefier version of the SSCP with different domain content?

I've read and studied for this for very long but I'm starting to get a bit of anxiety the closer I get to my test date...

Cheers,
Jinuyr

Comments

• Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I haven't taken the SSCP, but if you've really been studying for the CISSP for 5 years it's time to just schedule the exam. Stop overthinking it, just schedule a reasonable date and prepare for it and get it over with.
  • kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You really can't compare it and I've taken both. SSCP is very basic, where CISSP gets more in depth. Here's another point to note, material from SSCP won't come up in CISSP. I may have seen a small amount of topics that were similar, but no where close.
  • JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. I'm just trying to prepare myself mentally for this as I feel like I'm starting to psych myself out before the exam... I think I waited too long and now the suspense is building up a bit.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That is way too long to spend on one certification (a degree takes less time lol). Just go for it.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS