Cissp Prep

Techand$$Techand$$ Member Posts: 18 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello guys,

Ill be taking the exam in 9 days, I would like some feedback about any other material I should be referring to apart from the below:

- Watched Cybrary videos couple of months ago
- Just finished reading the Sybex official study guide 7th Edition for the second time
- Freepracticetests.org (avg'n 85% approx)
- sybextestbanks.wiley.com (avg'n 82% approx)

Would it be wise to reschedule the exam at an earlier date because it seems like the more I wait for the exam the more I'm starting to forget from the 1000+ pages that I had just finished reading. Also, between the two mock tests which one would be the closest to the real exam.

Appreciate the inputs.

OSCP | CISSP | CREST CRT | CCNP | ITIL 

Goal: CREST CCT | PMP 

Comments

• Nabsh07Nabsh07 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you are averaging at 85% and need only 70% to pass, I would say you are ready
  • Deadly-DosageDeadly-Dosage Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    On the Cybrary video, I would re-watch, in Module 1, the 19 min intro section where Kelly is talking about the CISSP mindset. She does a great job setting up how to think and approach the exam. Good luck and looking forward to your success!
  • Techand$$Techand$$ Member Posts: 18 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the tips guys, im just brushing up on the SDLC and BCP currently. Will refer to the cybrary intro the day before the exam so that it sticks.

Passed!!

That was the most gruelling and intense exam I had ever taken, my advice to people taking the exam is try to refer to as many sources of information as possible.

Even though I had read Sybex official study guide 7th Edition cover to cover twice there were few terms and concepts that were totally alien to me, in fact I couldn't even find them in the 7th edition when I got back. Don't get caught up with memorizing terms either rather try to understand the concepts. SDLC, Security models, BCP/DRP, and Incident response:using live scenarios were tested heavily in my exam.

Regarding the mocks tests i.e. freepraticetests.org and sybextestbanks.wiley.com, they don't even come close to impersonating the real exam. I would suggest to use them in order to gauge your current knowledge on the different domains without having seen the answers previously.

Lastly I'm thankful for the techexams.net community for their advice, seeing the number of pass threads and feedback actually motivated me to take the exam. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask as long as the 'code' is not violated.

Next up: CCNP Security!!

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sweet victory! Congrats!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • ankit2455ankit2455 Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats buddy...I am about to give the exam in 2 weeks from now. Would you tell me if most of the questions are straight forward or are they scenario based....
    Around 85% will be of the same format you'll find in the available mock tests, remaining of it presents you with a scenario and asks you a couple of questions about it like: how would you tackle the situation using the best practice. Also read all the answers carefully before marking the right one, don't cling to the first right answer you read on the list. For me, towards the end I had around 50 questions where I was 50/50 between answer A or B, drove me nuts, in those cases I chose answers that were more inclined towards what a management person would do.

Best of luck!