Options

Do you take notes while studying CISSP material?

WillychiWillychi Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
[FONT=&amp]Hello, Everyone![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I'm just in the beginning of my preparation for CISSP.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]So please share your experience.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]How do you take notes while studying CISSP material?[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Do you use paper notebooks or some software/app on you PC/mobile?
[/FONT]What is the best choice for quick and comfortable reviewing material later?

[FONT=&amp]Thanks in advance![/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    Nabsh07Nabsh07 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I mark the key points in the book. As the list got too long I created hand written notes during last week for me, those were specification topics such as order in investigation , orange book levels and fire types

Suggestion, if you have time, you should start with electronic form such as one-note and MS-word.
  • Options
    Thanks for suggestion, Nabsh07!

I do have time, so for now I chose Evernote for taking notes.
    I can copy-paste some key points from Shon Harris AIO CISSP 7th ed. ebook to Evernote notebooks.

But I also think that your way of taking notes may be more useful for memorizing material as you use your mechanical memory when writing down your marks in hand written notes.
  • Options
    joydeep.mondaljoydeep.mondal Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Willychi,

Do Shon Harris 7th Edition do have 8 chapters for 8 domains? I have 6th edition, trying to find out whats the difference between 6th and 7th. Your answer will be helpful. Thanks.

Joy
  • Options
    Hi joydeep.mondal

Yes, it has 8 chapters. One for each domain.
    Unfortunately I couldn't find any mention of changes in AIO CISSP 7th Ed. compared to 6th Ed.
    My guess is that most of the material in 7th Ed.is the same, but it is rearranged to correspond to the Official CISSP CBK.
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87058icon_cool.gif][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/COLOR]