Options

Exam Today!

Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello all,
Well what can I say ... " I HATE MS" after months of studying I failed. Went to sleep last night feeling good. going over my notes that I wrote down. Work up this morning feeling tried but good. Driving in didn't think to much about the test or try to remember what I learned just so I wouldn't stress out.

Once I arrive a the test center I sat down. I made sure I went slow even tho my eyes were moving faster then i could read. weird but it happens to me. When I started the exam right off the bat i was lost already on the question. read it a couple times then answered it. Through out the exam i notice they asked me a lot of drag and drop questions. I hate those kind of questions, plus I notice they asked me a lot of core questions too. Some I knew but some were difficult for me. Never looked at the what number of question i was on just so I won't rush. Some questions I had to guess since I didn't know the right answer. When I was done I thought to myself I really screwed this one up. I thought i was going to get around the 400 range on my score since it felt hard. Once I submitted the exam i was kind of shock on the score. I got a 676 score. 24 more points and I would of passed that damm exam.

it's better then my last score I took about 6 months ago. On that test I needed about 150 points to pass the exam. Once I walked out from the testing center I could not remember the questions at all. I know some users say write it down once you get out but for me I could not remember. From the score sheet I notice my core section was very low. the other sections I was very close to half point of the scoring sheet. Now that I'm home i kind of remember some ipv6, alot of dhcp, ntfs , and share questions.

I'm going to schedule the next one for the end of the month. That way I have enough time once again to study the core section and watch some other videos from different sites. So fustrating on how much i spent and how much time I put into this exam. I don't get a lot of time since work, family, and working out. All I could do is try again .

Thanks everyone for helping me or pointing me in the right directions.
2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
2021 - *Security+*
2022 - * Pen Tester*

Comments

• Options
    Dinesh90Dinesh90 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The good thing is you're not giving up and you were closer than the last time.

I been doing the labs and I'm able to complete the labs super fast but when I look at the practice exam I get so lost.
    The wording of these exams are tricky! DAM you Microsoft!!

Keep studying you will be get it!!

I also have my scheduled for the end of October.
  • Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Keep it up man, nothing like failing a test just to get back at it and pass. I've failed a LOT of MS exams but passing feels so good!

Use that breakout sheet of your score and really hammer away at the topics.
  • Options
    alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    670 the passing score?
  • Options
    DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You'll get it next time bud, your so close! Something I did each time I took it was study hard on the part I missed and each time I improved that section tremendously. Like me, from the number of times you have taken it you should be able to look at your score reports and get some type of pattern on where you need help.

I can't remember if you watched the pluralsight videos or not, but those are very good for teaching the areas of the test. I didn't get to use them until my final try and I found a lot of the covered material.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Trust me I want to pass this dam exam already.... I just schedule the exam for Oct the last week of it. The center will be close after that for the rest of the year... ugh.... I think I just need more of the GPO and share permission to study.

@alfredo no it's 700 to pass the exam. I'm going to take one day of break then start once again. Just need to decompress for now until Monday when I start over again. Going to read and practice every day for at least 2 hours or something.

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @ Louie feel the pain.

Took me 3 years on and off to pass 70-461. I quit several times, eventually pulling through with a 713, pathetic.

I'm going through the same experience with 463. I'm almost there hopefully another 713!

Either way no real advice but know this, you are normal and these exams are challenging. Anyone who blows through them IMO ****.
  • Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    alfred06 wrote: »
    670 the passing score?

No, 700 is.
  • Options
    alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got that number from Louie, "I got a 646 score. 24 more points and I would of passed that damm exam."
    thats why I ask if 670 was the passing. I'm about to take the exam as well.
  • Options
    alfred06 wrote: »
    I got that number from Louie, "I got a 646 score. 24 more points and I would of passed that damm exam."
    thats why I ask if 670 was the passing. I'm about to take the exam as well.

Sorry my bad on the number I got ... My score was 676 a typo i did... Well after being off the computer for 2 days I feel a little better staying away from it. Tomorrow will be a new day and I'm back on it again. Going to really push myself on this exam. I know this time around I will pass it. I will keep you guys posted.

My Goal for the Future
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear Louie. You're not that far off though, you'll have it for sure next time! Keep going and don't give up!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    yasir152yasir152 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hope you do better next time Louie. I've got my 70-411 exam on 29th October and am not confident at all that I will pass. I've been doing some practice exams on Measure Up and have got 53% after 3 attempts. I really want to get the MCSA before the end of the year.