Passed ICND1!

adrianm68adrianm68 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
Woo hoo! Passed it! Thank you Jeremy Cioara at CBT Nuggets! and Odom and the Cisco press book. Also to Lammle and the ITPro.tv team.

All great resources. I purchased a 3550 switch and a 2811 router. Important, but so goddamned noisy! When I couldn't stand the noise, I used GNS3.

Onto ICND2....
2017 Goals: Cisco: [x]Switch [ ]Route [ ]Tshoot

Cisco engineer's command to teach his dog to sit: "no stand"

Comments

• MrLamont42MrLamont42 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I just passed it today too...I thought this test was more difficult than the old ICND1 but so glad I passed!
  • Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • adrianm68adrianm68 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So I have had a think about how noisy my cisco gear is and decided that if I am going to spend more time on them for the ICND2, then I need to find a way to quieten them down or get new kit that is quieter. So after a bit of web searching. I have decided to disable the fans and see how long they last without them. Kind of a test for testings sake. They were cheap anyway, and easy to replace. I have them on for about 4 hours a day in an environment around 20 degrees c.

Two days in and they are not complaining any more than a log message. So far so good! And quiet! My PC is the loudest equipment in the room....

I'll report back in a week or so...

• greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    Did you just unplug the fans?
    Yep. There is just a fan cable that can be easily unplugged. It's still chugging away... :). So lovely and quiet!

• CenponCenpon Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have to take this test in 3 weeks. Can you give a day by day game plan. I have the exact materials you had.
  • GmvProjectGmvProject Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cenpon wrote: »
    I have to take this test in 3 weeks. Can you give a day by day game plan. I have the exact materials you had.

Looking at your certs, I'd say your study plan would be far different to mine!