Options

Question about MCSE: Server Infrastructure and Security+ Comptia

PheonyxPheonyx Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I was wondering which one would be more likely to be beneficial to an employer:

MCSE: Server Infrastructure OR Comptia Security+ (In addition to my CCNA Cert./AA Degree)

I'm aware the MCSE is 5 separate exams and Security+ is 1, but I'm not sure which one I should work towards first. Which one is more valuable?

This question is coming from someone who has been working contracts bouncing from company to company because once the contract is complete, they don't have any work left to do and off I go to the next contract my job agency finds me. I want to find stability at one company and I feel server and security related topics are my weak points. Maybe filling the holes in my game would make me a more likely candidate to keep long term?

This has been going on ever since I got my CCNA from Cisco and AA degree from my local community college. No real job opportunities still, just agencies finding me temp jobs basically (which is getting really frustrating for me, I've been around PC's my whole life and can't find a stable place to work).

Any help is really appreciated!!! Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Go for the MCSA first and then MCSE, Security+ will give you some value but not on the same level that MCSA would. Combined with your CCNA knowledge, experience and cert that is a good duo.
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with TheFORCE. The Security+ won't hold as much value as the MCSE
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Apples and oranges, you are comparing one certification that is entry level with a professional level certification that requires 3 exams to complete.

If it were me and you have the time do both. Security+ with some industry experience could be done within a month, then jump into the MCSA.