Options

Blue screen pls help

elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
ok guys, i'm running win pro 2000.

i got a BOD this morning while the system was running.

i rebooted in safe mode (because it wouldn't boot normaly) to check the event viewer.........

Under systems event i see following....

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was : 0xc000021a (0xe1270188, 0x00000001, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). Microsoft Windows NT (v15.1381). A **** was saved in: C:\WINNT\MEMORY.DMP.

Any idea wut this means????????

i also tried recoverying using win2000 cd to no avail.
scan for viruses and spywares nothing turned up...
i also checked System device haven't noticed any defective devices.

to sum everything up i'm clueless as to how to fix this blue Screen.

Any insights to solutions tht could help me guys?

thx in advance
stonecold26.jpg

Comments

• Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    It's pretty difficult to diagnose this kind of problem when you cant see it for yourself. icon_evil.gif

icon_idea.gif

This Link from Microsoft Support might help a little.

Your errors may be caused by faulty ram! You can download and run the Memtest86+ programme to check it out.

Let it run for at least seven passes, If your don`t have a floppy drive, there is an iso version that you can burn to cd, and then boot from that.

Hope it Helps :D:D
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    If your booting into safemode, your fine. Remove the most recently added software/hardware.
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    Did you try "last known good configuration"......
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you can come up in safe mode, try disabling (turning off) most of your services and then see if you can boot normally. You may be able to narrow down the culprit if a service is whats failing. I have had that happen before.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    ok guys thx.
    jescab wrote:
    Did you try "last known good configuration"......

tried tht...same shssssh

going to uninstall software i might have previously downloaded using safe mode.

but one thing though all this blue screen thing happen when i was trying to configure the computer to accept incoming connection (During the process of setting up a vpn).

i'm currently backing up my Data volume just in case i have to wipe the system to get rid of it (last resort icon_sad.gif ).............

i hate when this happens icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif
    stonecold26.jpg
  • Options
    sprkymrk wrote:
    If you can come up in safe mode, try disabling (turning off) most of your services and then see if you can boot normally. You may be able to narrow down the culprit if a service is whats failing. I have had that happen before.

Ur right spryk... Did tht and it worked.....i realised tht the culprit is the Routing and remote access service.

thx a lot....the question is how do i fix it can i uninstall or update or somthin?
    stonecold26.jpg
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    elover_jm wrote:
    sprkymrk wrote:

Ur right spryk... Did tht and it worked.....i realised tht the culprit is the Routing and remote access service.

thx a lot....the question is how do i fix it can i uninstall or update or somthin?

You should be able to remove the Routing and Remote Access component and then reinstall/rerun the setup. The VPN you were setting up probably caused a problem of some sort. Were you using the Wizard to set up the VPN? Were you setting them both up in conjunction with each other or was the RRAS already installed for some other purpose besides the VPN?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Yes i was using the wizard to configure the PC to accept incoming connections, i also think i had enabled RRAS by accident at some point earlier (about three months ago) before this BOD ting happened.

anyway thx a lot man
    stonecold26.jpg