Comptia Certifications Recognized in Germany?

JTNJTN Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm planning to move to Germany in the next year or so and I was wondering are the Comptia certs recognized in Germany?

Comments

• PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    CompTIA is a non-profit that has worldwide presence. I haven't looked at all the certs, but generally speaking, the ones that require recertification every 3 years are supported by ISO, and are recognized worldwide.

https://certification.comptia.org/about-us
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • JTNJTN Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Would that also apply to Microsoft and Cisco Certifications as well?
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    One would think. Look on their websites.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
    I have looked on there sites but most are vague. Was just curious if anyone is or has worked in Europe with those certifications and if those certs are recognized or valuable out there? Thanks
  • ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would have thought it would be a company thing not a country. If a company rejects you on the basis of not recognising Comptia certs i think you dodged a bullet.
  • ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111
    Will you be working DOD or trying to work on the German economy?
    I will be working in the German Economy. I have a EU passport so I would not need a visa to travel and work in the EU. Have read many articles stating that many EU countries have a shortage of IT professionals.