BCRAN

TuNeSTuNeS Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am new to these forums. I passed my BSCI and BCMSN a few months ago and am powering on to finish the BCRAN and CIT before the end of the year.

Basically, I am after some info on the BCRAN exam. I have read a few of your posts which have been quite helpful. There seems to be a lot on FR and ISDN backup. I know my ISDN and FR quite well, along with AAA, VPN......etc. My only weak point is modems which I am dedicating some study to this week. Was there much of a presence in the exam on this topic?

Any further info would be greatly appreciated. Nice forums too :)

Comments

• MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Modems are no longer on the exam. FR, ISDN, DSL/Cable are strong points you should know
  • TuNeSTuNeS Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, I am happy to hear that :) I am going through the 2nd Edition Exam Certification Guide. Is there any other chapters that I have to ignore?
  • HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    TuNeS wrote:
    Well, I am happy to hear that :) I am going through the 2nd Edition Exam Certification Guide. Is there any other chapters that I have to ignore?

I wouldnt suggest skipping anything since the more you know the better off you will be :)
    Now working full time!
    Guys is there much on NAT/PAT? I read the Cisco.com CCNP exam description and it mentions nothing about NAT/PAT. I know it reasonably well, and it is in the cert book however if it isnt on the exam, I wont bother over doing it considering i dont have much time left?
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Yeah, NAT isn't on it any longer either :) However, you definitely need to know NAT....
  • RandyCCIE#TBDRandyCCIE#TBD Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    also know vpn's, there's a simlet i guarantee you'll be hit with that will ask you to troubleshoot why a site to site vpn is not being established, based on the show output provided, this is a series of 4 questions so it probably counts for more than your standard question.

regarding nat, you'll probably be asked along the way if a given config is using NAT
    rgeorge wrote:
    also know vpn's, there's a simlet i guarantee you'll be hit with that will ask you to troubleshoot why a site to site vpn is not being established, based on the show output provided, this is a series of 4 questions so it probably counts for more than your standard question.

regarding nat, you'll probably be asked along the way if a given config is using NAT

woohoo. Love VPN's as I configure them often. Thanks for the advice
    MrD wrote:
    Yeah, NAT isn't on it any longer either :) However, you definitely need to know NAT....

Oh I know it alright as I it is mandatory in nearly every modern day network. It was in the BSCI and I dont know how many other exams, so I am glad I dont have to spend time on it. Thanks for your advice. Sitting it next week and then have booked the CIT 3 weeks later.....
    Passed BCRAN today on 2nd attempt. I got 977/1000 this time and last time I got 774....so close yet so far. Anyway, in the end I found that the certification guide that Cisco produce and outdated and some things are not coverered in enought depth (ie. analysing the "show compress" command). I used the Trancender exam engines and confess that I was even more disapointed with it. Quite expensive and still had old units in it. Taught you the concepts, however the questions did not prepare you for the test at all.

Good luck all with CCNP before the end of the year. I am studying CIT and intend to sit the exam in three weeks. Will let you all know how I go.
  • steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Congratulations man, Nice score too icon_wink.gif

Let us know how your CIT goes icon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog