Passed : T-Shoot 300-135

Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,
Passed the 3rd and final test today. Eagerly waiting the congratulations email. I think it could take a few days. Used the prior Official Book, You Tube videos, and extensive labbing. I built and rebuilt the officially released topology many times.

Think I am going to take a few weeks off and then prepare for Juniper JNCIA.

icon_smile.gif

Comments

• SeekBytesSeekBytes Member Posts: 143
    Awesome !!

Completing switching those days. I would like to know what material you used.

Kind Regards.
  • Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Switching was probably the toughest of the 3 tests. I dont think there is any good software emulation. I bought a bunch of 2950's and a couple 3550's and finaly a 3560 to practice for Switch. Probably overkill.
    Node Man wrote: »
    Switching was probably the toughest of the 3 tests. I don't think there is any good software emulation. I bought a bunch of 2950's and a couple 3550's and finally a 3560 to practice for Switch. Probably overkill.

I am currently using Unit lab and I am really happy with it. Of course, I cannot use SDM templates for testing.
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the CCNP!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Mr.NetworkMr.Network Member Posts: 117
    Congratulation :)

what IOS did you work on in the test environment?
    and when did you start studying for the ccnp?
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.
    CCNP was a long path for me. About 2 years. I dove into the Switch and Route tests but then got burned out. It seems like most people study for a couple weeks for T-Shoot. I studied off and on for about 6 months.

The CCNP is a real lof of work the first time. I imagine it will be much fast when I have to recert in 3 years.
    I'm preparing for the SWITCH exam, but the lab materials that I have expecting me to be running IOS 15.2 -15.4. (also for the ROUTE)
    did you use IOS 15 on your lab environment?
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.
    The most advanced IOS I used was 12.2. It covered most switching pretty well other than Tracking, which was a bit of a hassle. Otherwise I didnt have many complaints.
    Node Man wrote: »
    The most advanced IOS I used was 12.2. It covered most switching pretty well other than Tracking, which was a bit of a hassle. Otherwise I didnt have many complaints.

ok, what about the routing?
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.
  • FearoeireFearoeire Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
    Mr.Network wrote: »
    ok, what about the routing?

Use GNS3 for routing, it's simply awesome. You can use IOS 15.0 and do whatever you need.
    SeekBytes wrote: »
    Use GNS3 for routing, it's simply awesome. You can use IOS 15.0 and do whatever you need.

ok thanks, I will look in to that.

btw where did you get your IOS 15 image? from your company?
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.