CASP PASSED - 10/11/2016 - First attempt

EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
I had seven "simulations" (five were drag-and-drop, only two were legitimate simulations), and then seventy-three multiple-choice. I got to number fifteen out of eighty, and was certain I'd be failing. By number thirty, I regretted wasting four hundred dollars, and thinking what else I should have spent that money on. Then after the test, I was trudging through the demographics survey, I got to the results page, and it said "PASSED." I had to read the entire thing to make sure it didn't say Failed out of Passed or something, but it was a pass. Shocked and ecstatic don't even begin to describe how I feel.

I started studying for it two months ago, with the plan of taking it at the end of November/early December. But then I got a new job I'm starting next week, and knew my studying would lose its priority to learning my new job. So I doubled up on my study efforts the last couple weeks, and jumped on the test early. I read one of the free books on Safari, and watched the Cybrary.It lecture series. I also took the CEH back in May as part of the WGU MS program, and the knowledge in attacks and penetration testing/vulnerability analysis I got from studying for that definitely helped out as well.

Overall, I'd say the test is incredibly hard, and there was definitely some luck on my side in a few of the guesses I took on questions. But the number one thing that I'd say helped me get the pass: Listening to Katy Perry's "Roar" on repeat on my way to the testing center. Without that, I would've failed. Guaranteed. icon_cool.gif

Comments

• TranceSoulBrotherTranceSoulBrother Member Posts: 215
    You lost me at Katy Perry!! LOL.

Congrats on the pass.
  • EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey now, she is a delight! Haha. Thank you!
  • Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can't commend you on your taste in music, massive congrats on the pass though, heard this test is beast!
  • bamahonkybamahonky Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!
    Everyone knows Katy Perry is wonderful, m'kay? icon_lol.gif

Thanks y'all!
  • trueshrewkmctrueshrewkmc Member Posts: 107
    Congrats! I like Katy Perry, but Queen's "It's a Kind of Magic" is my pre-test anthem.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job! Cheers!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
    Nice choice. I always listen to something on my way there, but it changes every time. I always make sure it'll get pumped, whether it be some danceable pop, some gangsta rap, or some brutal death metal. Just whatever I'm feeling at the time, and it's worked out well so far icon_lol.gif

Thanks everyone!
  • dabooladaboola Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats! I test tomorrow morning. :)
    Thanks! And good luck to you tomorrow!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you!

Daboola, how'd it go?
  • dabooladaboola Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I made separate post and I did not pass.
  • Z0sickxZ0sickx Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats! pretty much how i felt when i got to question 30...i was like failed this **** again then had to mad dash 25 questions in 20 mins and passed icon_lol.gif
    Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way!

I really wish they would give a score for the test, I'm really curious as to whether I scraped by with one question to spare, or if I actually did well on it....
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    Congrats!!!
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!