VCP6-DTM worth it?

frozenEyesfrozenEyes Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

I need to renew my VCP5-DCV and i'm thinking to take VCP6-DTM exam so, do you think it worth it ?
and what are study resources to go for it ?

Comments

• markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Do you now or in the future plan on being a VDI admin? If so, then yes I'd say it's worth it. Otherwise, no not really. Most people don't even know what it is.
  • WagnaardWagnaard Member Posts: 124
    I've failed it, so it is my own personal White Whale. I'll pass it no matter what.
  • frozenEyesfrozenEyes Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    markulous wrote: »
    Do you now or in the future plan on being a VDI admin? If so, then yes I'd say it's worth it. Otherwise, no not really. Most people don't even know what it is.

No i'm not VDI admin i just want to learn new technology and add it to my skills, that's it!
  • frozenEyesfrozenEyes Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wagnaard wrote: »
    I've failed it, so it is my own personal White Whale. I'll pass it no matter what.

what are your resources for studying ?
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    frozenEyes wrote: »
    No i'm not VDI admin i just want to learn new technology and add it to my skills, that's it!

Well, then sounds like you answered your own question if it's worth it or not. icon_wink.gif
  • WagnaardWagnaard Member Posts: 124
    Pluralsight, blueprint, Mastering VMWare View 6, some HOIs.
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    frozenEyes wrote: »

I don't think the certification itself will add value to your CV, but the skills might. There's a lot to deploying a successful VDI environment. The current exam does not seem to cover App Volumes, which is a good addition to Horizon. I suspect it will be covered in the next version of the exam. If you're going to learn VDI, you'll definitely want to play around with App Volumes too.

My VCP-DCV expires Dec 1. I haven't decided if I'm going to renew it, but the VCP-DTM would be the easiest way for me to renew it.