Options

ACE Cert exam

LiquidAurumLiquidAurum Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
What is it like? What should I be studying? I have the book should I focus more on the labs or the concept in the reading? Is it difficult overall?

Comments

• Options
    quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you referring to the FTK certification? If so its pretty easy but you need a copy of FTK to take it. They give you an image of a hard drive and you have to answer 20-25 questions.
  • Options
    Madmd5Madmd5 Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think he may be referring to the Palo Alto ACE certification. Correct me if I'm wrong.

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/education/ace
  • Options
    LiquidAurumLiquidAurum Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ah no sorry I was referring to the AccessData cert, and yes with the FTK. I am taking the class through school so I have SOME practice with FTK. Is it fairly basic use questions regarding FTK?
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It's been 4-5 years since I took it, but it was all very basic questions that verified you knew how to use the tool. You didn't really need to understand forensics, just how to use FTK. All I remember was it being a very small image and not needing to process a lot.
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is this cert free and unproctored....?

I made an account, and wanted to check a price, but it didn't give one. I just ended up at the "Start the Test" button. Nothing for shceudling it, nothing for paying....
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It is free and unproctored. The catch is you need FTK to complete it, which is not free by any means. Also the content is heavily focused on using the FTK suite, not really the forensic analysis. When you sign up they will send you a link to download an image file and a test with some questions. You'll have X amount of time to answer the questions.
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Roger that, thank you. I'm hoping my company will send me to a SANS training, and I'd be able to get FTK free for ninety days that way. If it works out, might as well get a free cert knocked out icon_thumright.gif