EC-Council Eligibility Self Study Path For CEH And CHFI

NavisNavis Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
I received an email from EC-Council that says I've been approved to take the CEH exam. Does anyone know what the process is once you've been approved to take one exam through the eligibility self study what happens when/if you want to take another test from EC-Council?

Example: I want to go after CHFI after CEH
Has anyone done both CEH and CHFI route before?

If I have to go through that again, I rather go with another vendor instead. Having to pay another $100 eligibility fee for each test and asking my supervisor for verification (again) each time seems a bit repetitive if you ask me (and expensive).

Comments

• d3nnd3nn Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Navis, how do you got approved for the exam?
    only filling the Exam-Eligibility-Form and paying the application fee? or you did something else?
    Because I want to take the exam.
    Thanks in advance.
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Navis wrote: »
    I received an email from EC-Council that says I've been approved to take the CEH exam. Does anyone know what the process is once you've been approved to take one exam through the eligibility self study what happens when/if you want to take another test from EC-Council?

If I have to go through that again, I rather go with another vendor instead. Having to pay another $100 eligibility fee for each test and asking my supervisor for verification (again) each time seems a bit repetitive if you ask me (and expensive).
    The work-related prerequisite requirements for the CHFI and CEH are the same, so you only have to do it once. You have to provide evidence that you passed the CEH exam, or vice versa.
  • NavisNavis Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @ d3nn, Correct. Fill out and pay for the application fee. You may want to give your supervisor/manager a heads up so he/she can vouch for your years of experience.

@ PJ_Sneakers, Thanks for the feedback. I'll give that a try once I pass the CEH. Not if but when. :)
  • d3nnd3nn Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for you reply Navis. :)
  • trueshrewkmctrueshrewkmc Member Posts: 107
    @ PJ_Sneakers Thanks for the intell on CEH qualifying someone for CHFI. I'll have to sit CHFI next year as part of my WGU masters program. Maybe it will extend my CEH out to 2023 (awesome!).
  • TreySongTreySong Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Navis wrote: »

Did they send you the application form or did you print it off from somewhere?
  • NavisNavis Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's a form you fill out online. Click on any certification path you want. They all have a link for it. Once submitted give it a few days and you're get an email from application services with instructions on how to proceed including how to pay for the application fee, what documents to send, and so on.

I print some of the forms out to sign my name and scan/email back over to them.

About 3 days after I submitted all my forms my boss received an email to verify me. He also had to print it out to sign and scan/email it back to them. A few days after that I got another email from Application Services I was approved for CEH self study path.