Passed CEH exam 10/7

DivergenceDivergence Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone! Just passed my CEH certification this afternoon. Many thanks to this forum for the solid tips and advice.
You can find my original post here.

Here are my study materials:
1. AIO Matt Walker (v8/v9) - v9 came out when I was halfway on the v8., smooth transition since the books are pretty similar.
2. Skillset (free) - answered a few questions here and there, make sure to understand these and try other simulated exam
3. Cybrary.it - decent site if you want to learn the labs/hands on stuff
4. Made my own notes + lab environment

Study nmap, arp, nids/hids evasion, web application vulns, + basics, you're good to go.

Next for me is Comptia Sec+ this December, then CISSP, OSCP in the future. icon_wink.gif ask me if you need anything.

Comments

• bamahonkybamahonky Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice work.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • khaledit2015khaledit2015 Member Posts: 42 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrat but I think security + should be first but never mind all the way goes to Rome
  • BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Just my .02 cents: I would spend the time that you would spend on Security+ on something else. I think CEH trumps the Security plus in terms of resume.
  • d3nnd3nn Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Hi everyone, I want take exam by EC-Council Eligibility Self Study Path For CEH and I have a doubt,
    how I get be approved for the exam?
    only filling the Exam-Eligibility-Form and paying the application fee? or to do something else?
    Thanks in advance.
  • DivergenceDivergence Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    BuzzSaw wrote: »
    Congrats!

Just my .02 cents: I would spend the time that you would spend on Security+ on something else. I think CEH trumps the Security plus in terms of resume.

Hello thanks! I thought so too. But I bought the Security+ 3 months ago, CEH was a company training certification (2 months ago) so I don't really have much choice.