Failed 70-410

Dinesh90Dinesh90 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took 70-410 over the weekend and failed. Attach is my score report any recommendations?

Comments

• abdulandtechabdulandtech Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I failed it too just now, can I ask how long you've been studying for and which recources you found most helpful.
  • poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    676 is close. I would say take a couple of weeks to a month and focus study on the areas you did the worst and really try to understand those. I would also suggest just to brush up on the areas you did well in just to keep them where they are. You're close.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    You were close, only a few questions away from passing. Hit Group Policy Management hard and Core Networking. Keep your head up and don't sit on it too long - study while things are fresh in your mind.

Good luck and keep us posted!
  • DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Read those group policy questions very carefully. As for the core networking, watch a lot of videos about subnetting, especially good for me was one on YouTube about the magic number.

You'll get it.
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well, group policies obviously could take some investment. Learn their priorities, like LSDOU + deny inheritance, know that they have file part and AD part that get replicated using appropriate replication mechanisms and how do they work and how to check if they are healthy, know that they get applied primarily through registry settings, their timings, how to delegate someone rights to work on GPOs for their OUs.
  • Dinesh90Dinesh90 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I failed it too just now, can I ask how long you've been studying for and which resources you found most helpful.

I've been playing with the servers at work for a few months, I also used Sybex MCSA and Microsoft exam-ref books. Oh, and youtube!

Thank everyone, I'm retaking it this Saturday coming. will let you know how it goes.
  • alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Seems everyone failing with a similar score 650s-670s. I will be taking my exam tomorrow.
    alfred06 wrote: »
    Seems everyone failing with a similar score 650s-670s. I will be taking my exam tomorrow.

Good luck!! post your passing result!
  • nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Group policy and active directory are both command and structure heavy. And Microsoft is pushing hard on your being able to perform common tasks in AD on policy configurations using PowerShell commands, so try some exercises in the lab to burn in some of the command structure maybe. Or watch some videos. Whatever you've been doing... Switch it up just a little and don't be discouraged!
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Damm that was very close ... I had the same score you did .. my exam was about 2 weeks ago so i'm studying once again to take it later this month... weird how your graph number were high and but mine were much lower and we still received the same score.

Dumb MS!
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
    Louie,

We will never understand MS lol.

Good luck on your retake, I'm retaking mine Saturday coming. fingers crossed.
    good luck! let use know how it went.

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Make sure you go back and lab everything over and over again. Make sure you can do everything in Powershell that you can do in the GUI. Lab lab lab is the key! Good luck to you!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
    Just retook the exam this morning and i'm happy to report I passed with 767.

I'll update main post with screenshot once score have been posted on PV.

Louie1277, it's your turn now!! if I can pass so can you!
  • AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done! This isn't an easy exam at all.

What's next?
    Thanks AvgITGeek!

70-411 then 74-409.

Hoping to completed the 70-411 by end early Jan/17
  • alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    good job Dinesh were on the same boat. but I plan on taking 411 December since I have the booster pack, I will try it by end of Nov to see what is on the exam. Congrats again man and good luck to Louie :)
    alfred06 wrote: »
    good job Dinesh were on the same boat. but I plan on taking 411 December since I have the booster pack, I will try it by end of Nov to see what is on the exam. Congrats again man and good luck to Louie :)

Thanks Alfred, congrats on your recent pass as well. I bought the booster pack for the 70-410. I wish I had bought two more for the 70-411 and 74-409. hopefully the booster pack returns soon.
  • nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Dinesh and great work!
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Dinesh, well done!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • KinecticKinectic Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Let me know what material you are using for the 70-*411.. Need to get started this week on it.
    Dinesh90 wrote: »
    Thanks AvgITGeek!

70-411 then 74-409.

Hoping to completed the 70-411 by end early Jan/17

My Goal for the Future
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*