Passed Security +

ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
784, not the highest score but still a pass icon_cool.gif

Comments

• NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    icon_cheers.gif Good for you! Congrats!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • A+ QuizzicalA+ Quizzical Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • cbdcbd Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I got a 781.
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratsss!! :D:D
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats man great job!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As far as exams go it was pretty difficult for an 'entry' level cert.
  • ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111
    Congrats man, pass is a pass!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • klarkoklarko Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Saw in another thread that the performances based questions kind of threw you off with the amount of time they take compared to the others and you felt rushed, we both probably should of followed Gibsons advice that stated to just mark and go back to them at the end of the exam. It would be nice if they added a timer inside the simulation q's, that was my only worry if I saved them for last.

Congrats on the pass and in the future!
  • mauguilarmauguilar Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats.
    How difficult was it?
  • techwizardtechwizard Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took this exam today, to renew my certs. I took it once before, three years ago. It seemed tougher then because I had not worked in the field that much before then. It's been three years, and now needed to renew all my Comptia certs with the security+ exam. It has changed a bit and there's a few new things in the domains of study. The first time, it took me about 4 weeks too study for it. This time, I skipped the stuff I already knew and focused on the newer items. Took about 3 weeks to refresh my knowledge, and study. Plus I also have over two years in professional setting for security application. I passed. It was not as hard as I expected, but it also seemed like it is more up to date with newer security related topics. So, congrats to you on that! :)

I'm going to take a small break in studying and obtaining certs for a couple reasons, one the testing center I go to gets challenging to get a good time slot at this time of year, with all the holidays coming up. Two, that will give me a bit of time to figure out what I should get next, sms then study up on it casually up to the new year.Then decide on what to take, commit to a test date, etc.
    "Never give up" ~ Winston Churchill
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63