Question about 298 exam

I understand its based on case studies?

Can anyone elighten me on how many questions and time limits???

What should I expect?

Hate going into something blindfolded.

Gracias
On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?

Comments

• geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    If it's anything like 297 then yes the format is case studies.

I had 4 case studies with around 10 questions in each. There was a time limit of around 30 mins per case study and once you go to the next case study there's no going back.
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • agustinchernitskyagustinchernitsky Member Posts: 299
    Hello,

Well, Its quite long... all case studies. Maybe 4 or 5... I can't remember back that far!

A few things you should know:

1.- You can't go back once you answer a case.
    2.- You can view the case each time you want

If you've taken 299... its not that difficult. Its actually a little more deep but in a case study format. Remember there is a time frame for each case... I can't remember how much thou icon_sad.gif
  • SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    I found the exam relatively easy if you know your stuff. Practice exams help a lot as it give's you a chance to learn the exam format. The exams really just test your ability to weed out the bulls%^t in the case study and find the core data you need to answer the question.

Good luck
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Thanks.
  • jimi444jimi444 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking this test on 30OCT (to complete my MCSE). Can someone tell me how the test is lined up on the console? Is the case study in a sperate window you have to scroll through or is it just one long window you have to go up and down in? icon_confused.gif:
    He who stands on toilet is high on pot
  • agustinchernitskyagustinchernitsky Member Posts: 299
    On the left margin you have all the case "areas": Intro, interviews, topology, etc.

Once you read it... you click next to start the questions... you always have that menu on the left to re-read.
  • jimi444jimi444 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Took 70-298 yesterday and passed with a 919!
    This time I invested in the CBT nugget for this exam. It was really kind of boring. ZZZZZZZZ The guy talking tried to make it exciting, but it was almost like Testout. All the CBT nugget does is discuss concepts for the exam. It really is just a wrap up of all the core exams I already completed.
    I was a little nervous going into this test, I was not sure how the scenario format would work for me. But once you got the question, all you had to do is look back in the scenario for the answer. It becomes common (MCSE) sense once you understand the scenario. I also used books24/7, my online resource of IT books for the exam.
    Now my 6 month road to MCSE is over! I have been doing nothing but hard core studying for the last six months! I'm thinking of doing 70-299 before I take a break from the exams though. After that, I'll work on CCNA.
    He who stands on toilet is high on pot
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    You must have been copying over my shoulder... I scored a 919 this morning also... 5 case studies, 34 questions.

Finally done with my microsoft track... Off to cisco and CEH

(FYI, this exam is probably the least amount of studying I put in. Common sense prevails)