CISSP's by geographic location?

dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
i doubt this is available but wondered if there was a place to find how many CISSP's are in a geographic location? if i do a search on Indeed for 25 mile radius i get 3 job listings. extend that to 50 miles (which includes downtown Pittsburgh) and there are only about 50 listings. doesn't seem like very many opportunities for such a large city?

Comments

• TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
    dhay13 wrote: »
    i doubt this is available but wondered if there was a place to find how many CISSP's are in a geographic location? if i do a search on Indeed for 25 mile radius i get 3 job listings. extend that to 50 miles (which includes downtown Pittsburgh) and there are only about 50 listings. doesn't seem like very many opportunities for such a large city?

To my knowledge, ISC2 only provides the breakdown by country.
  • ivandavidsivandavids Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i have seen the one broken down by country. no big deal, more of a curiosity thing. just seems like there isn't that much demand in my area for it. not much in terms of security anywhere near me.
  • thegoodbyethegoodbye Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Having lived in the Pittsburgh suburbs for nearly 25 years, I eventually moved due to opportunities elsewhere. I would always read what an up and coming tech sector there was in Pittsburgh, but I never saw it reflected in job postings -- especially security related.
    Same thing I am seeing
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you did a job search on say DICE you'd notice that positions are all mysteriously clustered near large cities and very few in remote areas. Pick a comparatively low population state like Wyoming and plot those positions out. I bet you'd find a few in Cheyenne but nothing much out in the sticks or back country.

Personally, I'd love to move back to my farm in Northwest Michigan but I think I have seen two CISSP level positions there in say 15 years. LOL!

- b/eads
    lol. yeah but i assumed Pittsburgh would have more than just a few jobs posted. its not NYC but its still a pretty big city with lots of large corporations headquartered there
  • trueshrewkmctrueshrewkmc Member Posts: 107
    Or Pittsburgh area companies are not paying Dice or Indeed or their data sources to post job openings? I love Indeed and Dice, but they don't list all jobs. Might have more success checking the Commonwealth of PA's job search site for unemployed people (don't know what it's called there), the IEEE Computing Society, the Association for Computing Machinery, or the individual web sites of the largest employers in the Pittsburgh area.

I think the premise is a little flawed. Job postings aren't always for vacancies. Sometimes companies want to build a pool of potential candidates. It seems dirty, but it's like researching products and then not buying one or buying only one of many.
  • mudflapsmudflaps Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you want govt work, look toward mechanicsburg, lots of cisspy type jobs over there.
    Mechanicsburg is 230 miles from me...quite a commute...lol. I am about 50 miles north(west) of Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, moving isn't an option right now. And if I did move it would likely be south about 500 miles where it isn't quite as cold in the winter...lol.

Prefer to work in the private sector. I think the pay is better and more room for advancement.