Most realistic CISSP questions

kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
I want to know which source has questions that are MOST realistically close to actual questions in terms of dexterity, difficulty, wording, style etc.?
CCCure
Sybex
Offcial ISC2 book
Can someone who has passed or taken test this year and studied above please comment?
Thx in advance

Comments

• mudflapsmudflaps Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cccure is good about technically wording questions
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There are over 900 pieces of material for purchase on Amazon.com alone. How pablum do you need this exam to be in the first place? Its all there, every detail has been analyzed to death. Its not a difficult test to get through any more.

- b/eads
  • lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Sybex 7th Edition and the official practice questions book already provide 2700 unique questions. And you could add in CCCure's over 2000 questions. The amount of practice questions out there are pretty ridiculous. I only used 100 practice questions that came with the SSCP study guide to pass the SSCP exam. I know the SSCP exam is easier but at least I know how ISC2 words and parses their questions now.
    You must've read all the passed threads on here. You see some people say they were stumped on some questions that didn't appear to come from any of the study materials you just listed (could be those 25 throw away questions) and the majority of the questions seemed familiar to them. You just have to stick with a book and study with it.
    There is nothing magical about studying. You read a book, take the practice test on the material you just studied and if run into questions that you can't recall the answer to, you have to refer to the book and re-read just that topic.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
    lucky0977 wrote: »
    The Sybex 7th Edition and the official practice questions book already provide 2700 unique questions. And you could add in CCCure's over 2000 questions. The amount of practice questions out there are pretty ridiculous. I only used 100 practice questions that came with the SSCP study guide to pass the SSCP exam. I know the SSCP exam is easier but at least I know how ISC2 words and parses their questions now.
    You must've read all the passed threads on here. You see some people say they were stumped on some questions that didn't appear to come from any of the study materials you just listed (could be those 25 throw away questions) and the majority of the questions seemed familiar to them. You just have to stick with a book and study with it.
    There is nothing magical about studying. You read a book, take the practice test on the material you just studied and if run into questions that you can't recall the answer to, you have to refer to the book and re-read just that topic.
    You are correct about reading from books, taking the test and referring to book, in general. This test, however, seems more about hair splitting and test of grammer, IQ etc. than a mere comprehension of the material. It covers a wide gamut but the questions are worded in such a way that each question appears to be a battle.
    Before I jump in head first and end up wasting $500 and take a hit to self confidence, I want to get a thorough feel for what to expect. So far from what I have read, cccure questions are a bit extra difficult or tricky. AIO questions are ridiculously easy, sybex questions are mildly tough but The Official book seems to have the best representation of what to expect - At least this is my understanding.
    Hope I am not wrong
  • mudflapsmudflaps Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am gonna disagree with cccure being more difficult than the AIO, and I will explain. CCCure set on pro mode is difficult, although you should take a peek at the Shon Harris AIO, Comm/Network Security chapters. That chapter is extremely long, extremely detailed, and the end of chapter questions are very difficult - much harder than CCCure, IMO. I am only using that chapter as an example, but if you are able to answer those end of chapter questions, your knowledge has superseded what is on CCCure.

Again, this is a vast generalization, based only on one chapter.
  • trueshrewkmctrueshrewkmc Member Posts: 107
    @lucky0977 I don't think most people read the CISSP CBK before testing. That could be the source of many mystery questions. The CBK practice questions had stuff I didn't remember from Sybex or 3 chapters of Conrad.

@kabooter Concepts are more important than facts for the CISSP. The questions from the Sybex Official Practice Tests book are tough because they require a lot of factual recall.
  • lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    trueshrewkmc
    You are probably correct that some questions on the test come from the ISC CBK. But now you are making me wonder if the label "official" on both the Sybex 7th ed. and "official" practice questions are false advertising. I mean if a test taker didn't know about techexams, cybrary and the reddit and all they could rely on was the title they see on Amazon or Barnes & Noble, they would assume the Sybex books are the "go-to" guide for the exam.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • trueshrewkmctrueshrewkmc Member Posts: 107
    @lucky0977 It wouldn't surprise me if (ISC)2 got paid for the use of its name on the books. It is a nonprofit organization. The CISSP CBK is the official, official book. It's just not as readable as the Sybex or better yet, the Conrad books.

Can't always judge a book by the name on the cover. When I sat the Microsoft Windows NT 4 exams, the worst books were the ones from Microsoft Press. The most useful part of the book was the trial server or workstation software that came with it.