Options

Anyone tired CertMaster for Linux+ learning?

hal9k2hal9k2 Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all

I just started preparing for Linux+ certification. On CompTia marketplace I see they have a bundle with CertMaster and vouchers (please see below).

My question is. Does anyone have experience with learning from this CertMaster software? Do you think it is good enough to learn from it and pass exams ?

I am also learning from Pruralsight curses.

Thanks.
  • CompTIA CertMaster for Linux+
    • License good for either LX0-103 or LX0-104
    • CertMaster license valid for 12 months
  • CompTIA Linux+ Exam Voucher
  • CompTIA Linux+ Exam Retake Voucher
    • Prepare with confidence using CompTIA CertMaster and enjoy the added security that you can retake the exam
    • Voucher number is good for exam and retake of same exam
    • Exam voucher valid for 12 months

Comments

• Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yeah, I was curious about this. Did you end up purchasing this? Seems to me if it is a CompTIA product (CertMaster) for a CompTIA Linux+ exam, it should fall right into place on what exactly you need to study for this exam.

I used CertMaster Security+ for my studies & it helped me pass it. For under $300 for this Linux+ bundle is a great deal (IMO). I think I will purchase this in Dec and start studying for about 6-9mos & take the 1st Linux exam (I can't dedicate ALL my personal time to studying 8^)...

I do have the older Sybex book for Linux+ (101-102) but do have access to the newer one on a couple of book websites thru work & recruiter.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    hal9k2hal9k2 Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got this and I am not recommending that only as only one source for learning, treat it just as a helper to practice tests that you attempt on the real exam.

Best thing is that you get this in a nice bundle. However, you need two of this bundles as Certmaster got only one exam preparation.
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    hal9k2 wrote: »
    I got this and I am not recommending that only as only one source for learning, treat it just as a helper to practice tests that you attempt on the real exam.

Best thing is that you get this in a nice bundle. However, you need two of this bundles as Certmaster got only one exam preparation.

Yeah, I emailed them about this, WTF would they do this? I guess to squeeze even more moola outta us. Why not offer another bundle with BOTH exams certmaster software?
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP