Options

WGU MSISA - Start Date 1-1-16

Comments

• Options
    usman4673usman4673 Member Posts: 115
    Markulous: You should be called marvelous. I sincerely appreciate your time you took to reply. There isnt any difference b/w MSISA and MS CSIA than the name and maybe one course of Cyberwarfare than Crypto. Isnt it?
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Disaster Recovery done.

3 courses left: Vulnerability Assessment, Security Policies, and the Capstone.
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Nicely done Mark. How much time you got left in your term?
  • Options
    About 6 weeks. So I'll probably submit my Capstone Abstract for approval and start some one of the two courses, but not submit anything until January.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    markulous wrote: »
    Disaster Recovery done.

3 courses left: Vulnerability Assessment, Security Policies, and the Capstone.

Almost at the end!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    We're right there. Just a few more months!
  • Options
    We're right there. Just a few more months!

Yup sooo close man
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Took a break. Now that my new term started I'm about halfway done with Task 1 for Security Policies. Hopefully I can finish this course this month.
  • Options
    Security Policies done once Task 4 is good (I just submitted it).

So Vulnerability Assessment I'll start today. Then it's just my capstone, which I have my abstract approved.
  • Options
    cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    markulous, can you see the light at the end of the tunnel? It must be an exciting feeling!
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • Options
    Yes, I can't wait to be done with school forever. :D
  • Options
    Yes, I can't wait to be done with school forever. :D

You and me both haha...

• Options
    Security Policies done. Task 1 is done for Vulnerability Assessment and I just turned in task 2. Hoping task 3 is done by next week so all I'll have left is the capstone.
  • Options
    Vulnerability Assessment all done. All tasks passed on the first go, pretty straight forward class.

Got capstone abstract approved. Just gotta finish the rest of the capstone and I'm done with school forever.
  • Options
    Capstone written all done. Just have to do my oral presentation this Wednesday and that's it. Graduation should be official this week!
  • Options
    Capstone written all done. Just have to do my oral presentation this Wednesday and that's it. Graduation should be official this week!

Welcome to the club buddy!! icon_thumright.gif

• Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! :) The oral presentation is a piece of cake! I did mine this morning (MS:ISA) and I'm officially complete! :)

Congratulations! :D
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I missed out on the last few Graduation Ceremonies due to financial issues... since this next one will be my last, I really hope I don't have to miss it. I may apply to be a speaker. I've heard they give discounts if you're chosen.

I love hearing the positive progress and success stories of those who are working through any type of program. Much respect and congratulations!
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    Thanks! Feels good to be almost finally done.

Yeah, I haven't ever been to a graduation ceremony since 8th grade. I should be there, but may not participate.
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□

How long does the presentation need to be?
  • Options
    Blucodex wrote: »
    How long does the presentation need to be?
    It's recommended 10-15 slides. There's a rubric for it, so basically just have to answer a few questions about the project, what you learned, etc. I've got 12 slides, which should be enough. Guessing it'll be around 10-15 minutes also.
  • Options
    BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's recommended 10-15 slides. There's a rubric for it, so basically just have to answer a few questions about the project, what you learned, etc. I've got 12 slides, which should be enough. Guessing it'll be around 10-15 minutes also.

Man, that's pretty easy. No pressure!
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I think my presentation was around 25-30 minutes. I had 15 slides, and when I was done with my presentation, no one had any questions. The evaluator told me that my presentation covered all the required objectives, and I would get a "Completed" email before end of day. That was pretty rewarding. The presentation honestly is very easy, especially compared to the written assignments.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    PCTechLinc wrote: »
    I think my presentation was around 25-30 minutes. I had 15 slides, and when I was done with my presentation, no one had any questions. The evaluator told me that my presentation covered all the required objectives, and I would get a "Completed" email before end of day. That was pretty rewarding. The presentation honestly is very easy, especially compared to the written assignments.

It was more of a formality the oral defense but it definitely was so rewarding getting that email at the end of the day. icon_thumright.gif

• Options
    Blucodex wrote: »
    Man, that's pretty easy. No pressure!
    Yeah, I feel pretty confident going into it. Can't really see a scenario where I get super stressed out.
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It's extremely easy. There is no way you'll fail the oral presentation. No way. Unless you pull a Ron Burgundy, you'll be fine. No pressure at all, it's a wham bam thank you maam formality. From what I've heard in the past and my recent experience - very anti-climatic. It's presentation, Thank You, You're done.

It's the easiest task out of any of them... I'd say even easier than the timeline part of the capstone!
  • Options
    That's what Dakkinggamer was saying too. I don't think there will be any challenges with it. Just talk for a few minutes and all done.
  • Options
    All done. Submitted my graduation application and everything.

Oral presentation was pretty easy. I just talked for about 15 minutes and only the capstone director and my student mentor was there. No questions or anything.
  • Options
    canito487canito487 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass! No more school!

I'm also currently working on my MS:CISA. Done with two courses: Cyberwarfare and CEH, just need Risk Management for this term.

I'm also excited to be done with school forever! haha