What version of Windows to run on MacOS

GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm installing GNS3 on my Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra) to prepare for the CCNA and I apparently need Windows to install VMWare Fusion for it. Can anyone recommend a version of Windows 10,8,7 whatever? Thx

Comments

• shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would put Win7, probably the most stable of the 3
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    GeekyChick wrote: »
    I'm installing GNS3 on my Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra) to prepare for the CCNA and I apparently need Windows to install VMWare Fusion for it. Can anyone recommend a version of Windows 10,8,7 whatever? Thx

Er... I don't think you really need to run Windows to get GNS3 as the system requirement here clearly said it'll work on Mac too (Mavericks 10.9 and later).
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's what I thought. Then I kept getting some error messages during setup. That's what happens when I don't read instructions before doing the install. Sorry about that.
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you all set now? I've been running GNS3 on my Macs for a while now. The new GNS3 model works off a VM now. So I'm not sure if you'd be able to do a nested vm ( a vm inside of a vm) solution anyway. Let me know if you need help.
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm not set yet, but I don't want to show my stupidity either. I better just read. haha I don't need a VM with it?
    You're awesome for helping!
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Okay so if you are using any of the latest GNS3 versions you will need to download the GNS3 VM which will run in Fusion in the background. When you launch GNS3 you will point to the VM. Alternatively you can use a local server and this is how it used to be in the past BUT Dynamips runs a lot better on Linux(which is what the GNS3 VM is) than it does on Mac or Windows.