70-410 passed!

alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
70-410 Passed!. 700+ Hard exam.

First off. I have been an IT for about 8yrs. 3 in NOC for an ISP. About 5 years in IT admin for a small business that consist of 50-60 computers. I work with 2008/2012 servers BUT not as intensive. Just basic Server,DHCP,DNS,Active Directory configurations that is about all. So the rest of the knowledge are all from books/Videos I studied for this exam to be able to pass it.

Study Material:
MCSA 70-410 Cert Guide by Don Poulton
Exam Ref 70-410 by Craig Zacker
CBT Nuggets Videos 70-410 R2 by James Conrad
PluralSight Videos 70-410/411 by Greg Shields and Jason Helmick(3month free subscription)

I spent at least 4hrs or more studying and at least 5days a week for a little more than 3 months. I’d say all the study material I used was good BUT a lot of the questions they have on the exam you won’t find on studying those(I guessed on a lot of them, and that might have gotten me the pass too J). You need to get a lab setup and experiment on your own, when they show you a powershell cmdlet help on Videos, make sure you know at least the basic thing that that cmdlet does. Also remember the location of things that can be found in TAB properties, print management/ADUC.
(I watched the Pluralsight Videos at least 5x, read the books 2x I was thinking if I do that the test would be a little easier)

So glad this is over with. Thank you to the members of this forum for help on choosing the best books/Videos and just reading the post of members that shared their experience taking the exam helped me A LOT. On to 70-411 any suggestions on best materials for this.

Comments

• CE1028CE1028 Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on passing
  • Dinesh90Dinesh90 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Good luck on the 411!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks guys. another 3 months of study for 411 or maybe even more icon_sad.gif
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats looking to tackle this exam in 2016 God spear life.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    greg9891 wrote: »
    Congrats looking to tackle this exam in 2016 God spear life.

Greg you got 2 months to get it done :D
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63