passed sec+ today :D

JimmyJangle777JimmyJangle777 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone, I don't post much but when I'm preparing for an exam I like to see people's success threads and what they used for study material. So here ya go :D

Scored an 800.

I used professor messor videos - - ran through all of them twice.
I watched the cbt nuggets videos
I have darril gibson's ebook but i really only had time to go through pre-assessment questions at the beginning.
Only had a month of study because this was for WGU course.

Professor messer is great. His videos are short but if you get familiar with all the concepts he talks about then I always seem to do well on comptia tests. I watch his videos first and make flash cards from them, then any additional material such as cbt nuggets is extra review.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • techwizardtechwizard Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I passed yesterday with a very similar score. I also used the same study material. With the exception of also using testout.com for studying. Testout is basically just like cbt nuggets, but without the really amped up host/narrator. I don't totally dislike cbt however when the host makes the same jokes over and over it tends to get old fast. I also watch the videos at about 1.5 speed, so that also makes the cbt host a bit more amusing to listen to.

Anyways, great job!
    "Never give up" ~ Winston Churchill
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Dreday42Dreday42 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • newtontoyonewtontoyo Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i Passed the Security+ Exam as well on FRiday last week. Scored 776
    I used professor messers videos as well. I read daryl Gibson's book as well as the Study Guide written by Emmet & Chuck.
    I practiced the exam questions on this site as well as others(examcompass.com)