CCVP Passed!

mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
I passed the IP Telephony Troubleshooting (IPTT) exam today to finish the requirements for the CCVP (Cisco Certified Voice Professional).

WhooHoo

Maybe someday Cisco Press can catch up an put out an exam certification guide or two for the voice exams. icon_eek.gif And maybe finish the flash cards. The Cisco Press IP Telephony Troubleshooing book was good for this exam... along with a couple of the others.

I need a nap now sleeping.gif
:mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!

Comments

• frankj1247frankj1247 Member Posts: 111
    Congrats on the pass
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    BRAVO!!! bowing.gif

Seems you have a knack for the tuff ones icon_eek.gif . Very very inspiring icon_rolleyes.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats Mike! icon_cat.gif Great addition to the already impressive list!
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow, congrats Mike! You are indeed a Cisco God. Where are those IE initials icon_cool.gif ?
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats Mr. Cisco!!!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bowing.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    keenon wrote:
    bowing.gif

No kidding, I dont know how the hell you find that kind of time to study.
    Now working full time!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    No kidding, I dont know how the hell you find that kind of time to study.
    No social life, no TV, multiple caffiene sources, and lots of long late nights studying....

.... and naps during conference calls. Remember to turn up the volume on the computer speakers so teammates can send you IMs to wake you up.... and tell you what was asked. And remember -- you had the mute button on which explains your delay in answering.
    TeKniques wrote:
    Where are those IE initials icon_cool.gif ?
    Hopefully showing up before the end of the year. I'm still planning on 1 R&S attempt first and then trying to allow for 2 attempts at Security Version 1 before the Jan 2 2007 change to Version 2.... but I might have to rethink that since I got hungup on the CCVP. At least I got some good R&S study in during July.

It looks like I have everything covered in the the blueprint for the IP Telephony Design exam, so that is now scheduled for Monday. That's the last exam I have scheduled -- so I'll be out of excuses not to study every waking moment for the CCIE Labs. icon_eek.gif
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Wow I missed this one,
    well done Mike, is that the whole "P" set of marbles now?

Cisco is gonna have to create a CCSPP for you! (Cisco Certified Smarty Pants Proffesional)

Well done all the hard work is payed off, I guess now you will focus on the CCIE lab (s) Security or R&S first? why not do them back to back icon_twisted.gif
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • elite601elite601 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:
    I passed the IP Telephony Troubleshooting (IPTT) exam today to finish the requirements for the CCVP (Cisco Certified Voice Professional).

WhooHoo

Maybe someday Cisco Press can catch up an put out an exam certification guide or two for the voice exams. icon_eek.gif And maybe finish the flash cards. The Cisco Press IP Telephony Troubleshooing book was good for this exam... along with a couple of the others.

I need a nap now sleeping.gif

Thanks for letting us know which book you used. I have been looking everywhere. Cisco websites never have the book listed for that test. icon_evil.gif I don't know why. Congrats on passing. I'll take iptt next just because I want to learn call-mngr.
    There are 0010 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • convenientstoreconvenientstore Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mike you really inspired me to work hard on ccvp...

Just out of curiosity, what do you do for living?
  • romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Huge !...

You'll kill the proctor at your ccie lab :P
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
    Landscape artist.
    niamor wrote:
    You'll kill the proctor at your ccie lab
    No I won't -- they have to grade the exam!! And I'm sure they have security and don't let you hang around after the lab so you can make the proctor grade your lab.
    Ha ha! icon_lol.gif Had ya going there for a minute! Landscape artist. icon_lol.gif Sometimes I even crack myself up!

I'm a gunslinger. A hired gun. An overpaid contractor. Cat herder. I do enterprise software applications and networks.
  • Mr BigMr Big Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Mike. Any advice? I recently passed my CCNA (horray!) Going for CCVP now, starting off with QOS, what did you do for labs? You have access to routers, IP phones, etc?
    Mr Big wrote:
    Going for CCVP now, starting off with QOS, what did you do for labs? You have access to routers, IP phones, etc?
    There aren't that many posts in the CCVP forum....

CCVP Books thread hasn't been updated since Aug 22nd, so you might have to page down to that one.... otherwise the equipment threads are up near the top. This one has what I used..... but there are a couple of other threads that might have some more stuff. I linked to some VIC card stuff in this thread.

IPExpert has added some CCVP products, which may or may not have labs.... but I think I posted something like -- "I did whatever I was reading about that I had the equipment for."
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Congrats Mike.....another one down..
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA