Comments

• Options
    chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    I'm late to the party, have just signed up now icon_silent.gif

How was your score? :)
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,566 Mod
    @chopsticks: umm what score? I've just applied and received an automated response.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just got the email stating that I have one final step.
  • Options
    xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    Hey Guys,

Got a email from Cisco saying I have one final step. It ask which type of certification, if I'm a female and if I'm a Vet. The FAQ and the webpage are conflicting each other for example the website says if you have 5 years working experience, but the FAQ ask if you have 3 years of Military Role experience. Anyways input the info they requested and it looks like in Mid November they will let the "10,000" students know if we qualify.
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • Options
    yparkypark Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just got the "Final Step" email as well. Just answering few questions in regards to your experience, certs, women/veteran status.
    It also said we have to wait until middle of November to find out if we are in the program.

Good luck everyone.
    2022 Goals: [PCNSE] [JNCIS-SP] [JNCIS-SEC] [JNCIS-DevOps]
  • Options
    whoknewwhoknew Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good news / bad news everyone. Good news: The notifications from Cisco are finally going out. I received the "Final Step" e-mail from Cisco stating that I had scored high enough to be considered for this final step. I scored 27/30 or 90% on the assessment. The follow-up questionnaire form looked like this:

Bad news: even if you receive an e-mail from Cisco stating that you scored high enough, you'll be waiting another 3 to 4 weeks to find out if you were selected for the scholarship program.

Best of luck to everyone.
    "I got a BAD feeling about this..."

What's Next: CISM, CompTIA CySA+ & PenTest+, OSCP, CCNP Security, GSEC, GPEN
  • Options
    denverMaxdenverMax Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Came here to post that like others, I have received the final step email from Cisco.
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Yep, I've just got the "final step" email. Same details as in that screencap. Interestingly they are saying up to 250 hours of study over 90 days. It must be completed in 90 days. That is a largish commitment.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    denverMaxdenverMax Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know. That's like, 3 hours a day!
  • Options
    xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    10 hour weekends study sessions here I come!
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Well, none of the first options applied to me and I only got to check one of the cert boxes (relevant industry certification), so let's hope that and my score is enough to get me in.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I scored 75% on the assessment and rec'd this final email this morning too...we shall see if I get some of the 10 million to continue on...cheers!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Got the same email. At this rate I expect the actual courses to start around January.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I got an email from Cisco saying I scored high enough to proceed to the next step. icon_study.gif
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    CIOCIO Member Posts: 151
    Came here to post that like others, I have received the final step email from Cisco.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I 'identify' as a woman question irks me. LOL
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yup I got the email as well. Now to see what happens!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    securityorcsecurityorc Member Posts: 58 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got the mail too, but now I have a potential problem. The only IT certification I have at the moment is from Mile2, which is not listed among the vendors in the options. icon_sad.gif I will go for the A+ soon, but I can't schedule an exam by Monday, which is the deadline. I don't want to be disqualified after coming this far icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    snakeuptilitsnakeuptilit Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got the final step email as well! Only having CISSP applied for me.
  • Options
    SmilymarcoSmilymarco Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Same here with only one box i could check (MCSA).... Hope that'll work...
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Smilymarco wrote: »
    Same here with only one box i could check (MCSA).... Hope that'll work...

I'm guessing it will. I doubt they are going to turn many people down.

A good marketing plan by Cisco to get a bunch of IT folks trained on their equipment and learn how to use their equipment to better increase security in companies.
  • Options
    dabooladaboola Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got my notice this morning! Good luck and may we all qualify.
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Well, they should notify us by November 15th. Now I have to cram to get this GPEN completed before CYBEROPS gets started.
  • Options
    BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Got the email as well.

Seems to me this is the point where you really have to figure out if you want to put in the time ...
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    BuzzSaw wrote: »
    Got the email as well.

Seems to me this is the point where you really have to figure out if you want to put in the time ...

Agreed. That's a lot of time over 90 days. If you have other stuff going on, then it will put you in a bind.
  • Options
    BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ertaz wrote: »
    Agreed. That's a lot of time over 90 days. If you have other stuff going on, then it will put you in a bind.

My only "hiccup" is that I submitted for approval to take OSCP, or eCPPT recently. If that comes through, I would have to skip the Cisco classes.
  • Options
    HafssolHafssol Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just completed the final step too. I hope they will let us know the results next week.
    Certs: CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA Routing and Switching, CFR, Sec+, Net+
  • Options
    New2NetworkNew2Network Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks applied
  • Options
    superbeastsuperbeast Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Does professional capacity refer to in IT industry or just in work experience?
  • Options
    GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got my email today too. I have the time and I'm super excited about it.