Options

Passed 10/25 First attemp

heyyydaveheyyydave Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
WOOHOOO!!:D:D:D
So a quick breakdown for my success.
Sybex 7th edition CISSP Study guide (made it about half way, to much fluff for my liking)
Eric Conrad CISSP study guide (cover to cover)
Cybrary.it Videos (watched them all took lots of notes, about 50 pages worth and reviewed my noted 2 day prior)
CCCURE.com practice exams (did all the question, took 2 250 question test and the rest were 100 question test)
https://sybextestbanks.wiley.com/ practice exams (took one 250 question exam and did all of the end of chapter test)

I gave myself a month and a half to study for the exam and dedicated 3 hours a day on week days and 6 hours a day on weekends. I have a little over 4 years of experience in IT security(military). I also have my CEH and Sec+. It took a lot of effort but I'm glad this part is over. Now on to the endorsement process.

Comments

• Options
    DADDYGIP8DADDYGIP8 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    awesome bro...im in class now for 901
  • Options
    TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    pinksjpinksj Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi heyydave. Hearty congratulations. Logged in to check on your result today as i remember chatting with you on another post.
  • Options
    Deadly-DosageDeadly-Dosage Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nicely done! How did you feel as you were going through it? Pretty confident that you *knew* or it was too easy, etc. Once again well done!
    heyyydave wrote: »
    WOOHOOO!!:D:D:D
    So a quick breakdown for my success.
    Sybex 7th edition CISSP Study guide (made it about half way, to much fluff for my liking)
    Eric Conrad CISSP study guide (cover to cover)
    Cybrary.it Videos (watched them all took lots of notes, about 50 pages worth and reviewed my noted 2 day prior)
    CCCURE.com practice exams (did all the question, took 2 250 question test and the rest were 100 question test)
    https://sybextestbanks.wiley.com/ practice exams (took one 250 question exam and did all of the end of chapter test)

I gave myself a month and a half to study for the exam and dedicated 3 hours a day on week days and 6 hours a day on weekends. I have a little over 4 years of experience in IT security(military). I also have my CEH and Sec+. It took a lot of effort but I'm glad this part is over. Now on to the endorsement process.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    kanedogkanedog Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!
  • Options
    shiju_vshiju_v Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
  • Options
    heyyydaveheyyydave Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry it took so long i took a break from thinking after i passed the exam, But thanks to all for the congrats.

Deadly-dosage: Well my exam felt very technical. I did not feel very confidents on around 100 of the questions. I just made my best guess with process of elimination. The key was taking breaks when i started to get frustrated, allowing myself to gather my thoughts and reevaluate. I flagged around 75 questions but only ended up changing around 3 or 4.
  • Options
    cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!